I have been having bad panic and stress attacks for a bout 3 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 65 year old female still in my menopause I think for the last month have been suffering with nerves and panic attack I get pins and needles as well as stiffness in my hands I get very hot sometimes say the wrong words, seem to be shaking inside and sometimes do really strane things what is wrong with me I am so worried I feel so alone

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Elizabeth,

The menopause can give us many different problems, maybe it would be good if you could talk things over with your doctor. They would be able to put your mind at rest, and maybe suggest other organisations who might be able to help. God Bless. Kate

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you are still menopausal, some of the problems are mentioned above. If you are taking medications for this you may have associated side effects.

If you are suffering stiffness in your hands and pins and needles talk to your GP to make sure you are not developing Arthritis. Saying wrong words is a problem I have as well

B.

I suffer small joint arthritis and suffer the same with my hands and wrists. Talk to your GP

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth

It sounds as though you may have a thyroid problem. If you ask your GP he may do the necessary tests which are thte thyroid homones and thyroid antibodies. These are as follows. TSH, T3 , T4, Thyroid peroxidase antibodies, thyrogloubulins.

Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You are not alone. You will be fine. Get your detailed thyroid tests done.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up