I have been having severe problems with the feeling of f...

Posted , 1 user is following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been having severe problems with the feeling of food stuck in my throat, heartburn etc, I have had an endoscopy and a barium meal x ray but they could find nothing wrong. I am now waiting to have a test that measures how much acid you produce. In the meantime I am suffering really bad. The medicine I am on which is Nexium does not help at all, neither do any antacids. I constantly have the taste of acid in my throat and some days find it really hard to swallow either food or liquid, this problem seems to be consuming my life, I wake up feeling awful go to sleep feeling the same (when I can finally manage to get to sleep)So if anyone out there can help I am open to suggestions

Debbie Davies

[i:96c220371c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:96c220371c]

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Debbie

I am so sorry for your experience. Mine sounds similar, but got better. I was treated in the (very good standard of care) Tourist Hospital, Diani Beach, Kenya, Africa. Maybe you could contact them for advice?

Regards

Traindea

[i:11d4482161]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:11d4482161]

• Posted

i was like this until i was prescribed pantoprazole (protium 40) this cuts the acid produced

[i:28803da686]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:28803da686]

• Posted

Yes, pantaprazole (Protium 40mg) is excellent is stopping acid refluxing. Get some asap.:cheers:

[i:368ee381a0]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:368ee381a0]

• Posted

Hi, I've just started taking Pantoprazole 40mg once a day and haven't really felt any results. I was taking Lansoprazole 30mg once a day and that, I think works better for me. I may have to tell my doctor. I will give Pantoprazole a go for a couple of weeks, but if no improvement, I will let my doctor know. They think I have a stomach ulcer and/or acid reflux. It's horrible anyway. If anybody has an ideas, please let me know. Thanks, Christine

[i:6f47cef9a1]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:6f47cef9a1]

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up