I have been on citalopram for 8 weeks started at 20mg then increased to 30mg.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been very up and down over the past few weeks, especially today when I felt like I couldn't get out of bed, felt weak, headache, dizzy etc went to see the doctor today and she has upped it to 40mg. I have been on citalopram in the past and it has worked for me at the lower dose quite quickly with few side effects and I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same, it seems to be taking an awfully long time to kick in and for me to feel better. Basically I'm wondering if 40mg will work.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hopefully the 40 will do it for you!I was on it for five years before and weaned off for two years and was great then it came back and back on it and it is taking longer,it seems a lot of people said that the second time it took longer!My first time worked quick and now I am 8 weeks on my upped dose and some said it could take 12 weeks to really feel better or a bit longer.Hang in there.
  • Posted

I was on 20mg for 2 months then 30mg for a further 3 months.  Now 5 weeks on 40mg.  I now feel the most normal I've felt in over a year and a half.  Still a little spaced out now and then but I can really focus on things properly without massive overbearing negativity and blowing things out of proportion.

• Posted

Hi ya I was on 20mg then my doctor up it to 30mg and every time I get up from bed after sleep I feel dizzy also sometimes though the day did you get this when you was on 30 my thanxs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.