i have been on fluoxetine for just over 3 weeks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just want to let you all know that i have been taking flux for over 3 weeks and i have been through hell and back with the awful side effects. The pills actually kicked in last night and I feel normal again, so anyone who is having sleepless nights, no appetite, anxiety attacks and feels like a zombie, hang on in there as they will subside.

Deb ๐Ÿ˜Š

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thanks for letting us know! I'm on day 4 and have constant anxiety sad I just am hoping to feel normal again soon! Thank you!
    • Posted

You will, but it will take a bit longer. Everybody is different. I feel what yr going through. It will go in time. ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Posted

Hey that's great! ย It's certainly a tough journey isn't it, and one doctors don't often prepare us for.

If your normal feeling disappears, don't worry though as it can come and go in patches, but it will finally stay with you all the time. ย Its just that some people think the meds have stopped working and rush to increase their dose and don't realised recovery can work like this.

Great feeling isn't it :-)

• Posted

Just a suggestion - after approx 12 weeks I started to get the jitters again & went back to docs who said it was because the chemist had given me a different brand of meds & gave me another prescription & I told the chemist who logged it on their computer & now I get the same brand every time and I have been great ever since - might be coincidental but I have heard a few people say this has happened to them xx
  • Posted

Thanks, Deb! I'm almost in the 4th week on a 10mg dose of Prozac and still feel terribly dizzy. I keep trying to hang in there hoping that the dizziness will soon go away.
  • Posted

Hey Deborah! Are you still feeling like your normal self?
    • Posted

Hi Julian,

Up and down. Had a really bad day with anxiety yesterday. I am absolutely knackered fm ystday, but cant seem to sleep. Hopefully will get some shut eye tonight. How are you feeling?๐Ÿ˜

D

• Posted

Very anxious, feel like I have no time to do anything and I have no interest in anything! It's horrible sad
    • Posted

Yes I have had all that. Also I am work sick at the moment, so my days have no structure, so I don't want I am doing, even going food shopping is stressful for me!!! Early hours this morning I was having a bad panic attack. I have been prescribed Mirtzapine 15mg to help me sleep.. They seem to make me go weird. I am going to gp soon, so will tell her abt them. I am ok at the minute, but later my mood may change. Sometimes I think I wish I had not gone on them. Bye for now. Hope u carn down.
    • Posted

Hi Julian

How are you this morning? Just to let u know that my mood changed yesterday and I felt quite normal. I saw my GP yesterday, she gave me some reassurance abt the pills I am on. The mirtzapine tablets I have to take every evening to help me with my anxiety and sleeping, which I did sleep last night. I certainly have an appetite back, which I think its these tablets. I am hoping to go back to work soon. Let me know how yr feeling? D๐Ÿ˜Š

• Posted

I felt great last night! The anxiety now only strikes in the morning, but today it was pretty manageable! I'm glad you're feeling better๐Ÿ˜„ hopefully everything continues to improve.
    • Posted

Hey! So I had a major panic attack today for the first time in a while, so I took a Xanax... I have never felt more like myself in so long. I had the best time today. I was able to sit with no distractions... I had no intrusive thoughts or symptoms. Maybe you should consider getting something like Xanax to go along with the Prozac for the occasional panic attacks. I had taken Xanax in the past and it didn't work at all. But I think the combination worked wonders!
    • Posted

That's good news. I have been taking mirtasapine to help me sleep, but I just don't want to take it, its another antidepressant and has side effects and I have just got over the side effects with flux. I cant bare this flaming anxiety and no sleep. I am.listening to relaxing music with water effects, it does relax me, but I cant sleep. I am wide awake!!!! I just don't want to take tablets. I want to sleep natural. Thanks D
  • Posted

Hi deb am just on three weeks now and still feel crap ..went out yesterday and just felt really bad. .will this ever end

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.