I have been on fluoxetine for three weeks

Posted , 6 users are following.

i need help. I have been on flux for three weeks. my head is going mad. It's like I am on another planet. I have no appetite, though I do eat a little food. I am constantly on edge, worried about my future. I can't stand being alone. I want this feeling to go away. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, which I am hoping she will enlighten me. My sleep is terrible. Anxious too. I wish I could feel normal. 

D

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Deborah,When are you seeing gp? When I was very bad at the beginning I also had low dosage diazepam, maybe your dr  may think these will help you over next little while till fluoxetine kicks in. They are addictive, so only take them when you really need to. Xx
  • Posted

Hi all, I'm in the same boat as you.  Day 5 on fluoxetine and I feel awful, so anxious and down I can't even get out of bed.  So fed up with feeling like this, I feel ill never get better😪
    • Posted

Things will improve Millie, just so hard initially as you feel worse instead of better x
    • Posted

I am at such a low ebb. I feel I will never get better. Been to my gp. She gave me some pills to help me relax, as my sleep is not good. I hate this awful feeling of anxiety. I have been signed off for two weeks off work. I cant cope with even looking after myself. My good friend is looking after me. I want to feel peace. Good luck with yr problems too. D
    • Posted

Poor you! I think my memory of how bad it is has diminished a bit - I just know I never want to have to do it again!

Things that might help - go out for a walk - drag yourself out - and look for flowers; treat yourself at least twice a day - some chocolate for me; deep, slow breathing through the attacks - observe your breathing; feel the sun shining on your face whenever that is possible; most importantly, think of yourself lovingly; put down your worries - decide to do nothing about them until you feel better.

People keep saying 'when the pills kick in', like it's a suf#dden event. It's not, it's a creeping thing and you have to notice this day I feel better than the last. Happiness and joy await you - they are the reward for your current suffering.

Oh! I nearly forgot! Talking about what is going on for you emotionally and then just talking about whatever, your friends lives, take an interest in them. Talking, talking, talking! Don't need to make much sense, just poor out your feelings, crazy as they may seem just now. Crazy feelings keep your adrenalin pumping so get rid of them by talking.

I know, but I wish it for you anyway - sweet dreams and a long sleep.

• Posted

Thank u Carl for yr kind words. I know I have to go out for walks, its v difficult to motivate myself. However, I do have a few friends who are supporting me in this time of need. Its a nightmare. Anyway I shall say good night. Will try and sleep now.

Bye for now

D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.