I have been prescribed Orlistat by my doctor for my serious obesity.

Posted , 25 users are following.

Is there anyone on this Forum that has used these tablets and if so have they helped to lose weight. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Guys,

I have been on this for a week and not really seeing any results. What kind of exercises do/did you do when you were taking orlistat and also what kind of meals were you eating.

thank you.

• Posted

Dr told me that for the tablets to work I need to eat at least 3 times a day with food as prior to this I was only eating once a day so will start them tomorrow I don't have a blog new to this myself
  • Posted

I have just started them on Wednesday, also doing weight watchers. 
  • Posted

Have been using these tablets on and off for a number of years, and have lost weight with them too. But the main problems is not the side effects, its the psychological drives that most of us face, to replace fat with sugar and not pick. 

For me, my job means i don't eat regularly, get much sleep or have access to healthy food. Its difficult to stay away from it when your hungry, but it does work if the support structure is right and you can beat your cravings back.

• Posted

I have been taking orlistat since the end of July2014. I have lost over 1 and a half stone.When the doctoe told me i was obesei was so ashamed i was nearly 14 stone i am now 12 stone 3 1b. I only eat low calorie food which is weightwatchers and fruit and veg and steamed chicken and fish. I have stuck this and intend to get to 10 stone. I never thought i would beable to lose weight but i am its a great feeling. I also do a lot of walking with my dog as well. My advice would be to stick at it even if you only lose a 1b a week. Is better than putting it on. Stick to it 100 per cent and it will work. I have not had any problems with the tablets. Good Luck to everyone it will work.

• Posted

Well done you started the same weight as I am now...I want to get to 10st one also..just starting my fourth week..think my weight loss is so slow.....but know the tablets work as I had a bad side effect from over doing it Sunday. ....I'd love to achieve the same as you....I'd feel everyone's on on the weight loss secret but me...I'd hope this time I'm as lucky.
    • Posted

Hi.....your case interested me as I was just over 14st and dearly want to get to 10st....for my height they say 9st 11 ...but you have to take age into consideration. .I was looseing so slow and the Dr said I had a few more weeks and if nothing happened she'd stop them.....I'm doing exactly the same.....low fat small portions. ..and at last I'm looseing and everyone is noticing which makes me feel great....I've still along way to go but just want to give hope to others who think it doesn't work for them .......just taken months but it does work ...I've a dress size smaller and looking forward to another size down ...untill I reach my goal. ....good luck to you.....and everybody with the weight war......its not easy...
  • Posted

Hi I have just ready you comments.  I have today been prescribed these tables as I am obese.  Reading other sites the thing that worries me is the problem with the bowels.  Has this had any effect on you? I have a job which doesnt always alow m cess loo and this worries me.
    • Posted

Hi, could i see your blog too. I have recently started the orlistat tablets been on them for 4 days now, i have loads of weight to lose and any help would be great. I have read all about how much fat to have per meal and per 100g i understand all that i think lol. And i am doing a fitness dvd every day. I hope i will eventually get a weight loss like you.
  • Posted

I been prescribed oristat 120 mg are they safe I have vitamin b12 injections
  • Posted

Eat sensible take the tabs and walk lots and keep active. You will lose the weight you  just need will power, dont keep thinking about food. There is more to life than food, eat to survive and not out of boredom. 
  • Posted

I have just been prescribed these today from the doctor. I am 14.3 and have a high bmi and need to lose weight. I have tried everything so I am hoping these can work. The side effects that people have mentioned are quite scary. Does anybody have any tips what you can eat and how much grand of fat you should have in a meal. Thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.