I have been put on diothiepin for a few days and it doesn’t help me to get a long sleep

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I have been suffering from depression and panic disorder for 17 years already. I have tried many SSRI but they don’t seem to work well . I am now on seroquel 200 mg and diazapam 15 mg (taken 5 mg in period of time in the day) My sleep pattern is bothering as I sleep at 12:30am but I will wake up at 6:30am which troubles me a lot and makes me panic and cranky. I have read all the sharings about taking diothepin and I am currently on 25mg for a few days but it doesn’t help my anxiety and sleeping. Any advice will be welcomed . 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking 175mg Dothiepin for many years as a drug of 'last resort...'it has worked. I am hearing that it may be discontinued which is a worry. 

As an aside...isnt it interesting that we worry about taking antidepressant medication but if its say, a drug for the heart, or some other physical illness we just do it and accept it. Why not the same for 'head' medication??

• Posted

Does dothiepin help your anxiety or sleep? It is still available in HK. I have a fear everytime when I am trying new meds as the side effects for some meds could be horrible . 
  • Posted

Like all anti-depressants you have to give them time to work...its a wean-on wean-off situation. Allow about 3 weeks to see how they go, otherwise you wont see the benefits.
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice . I will stick to it for at least three weeks. I heard this meds cause heart problems ? Do you anything about it?
  • Posted

Hi Again,

I have a prosthetic valve in my heart which replaced a leaking mitral valve some time back. I see a cardiologist every year for a check-up and so far no issues from Dothiepin or anything else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.