I have been sad for a week now and not eating. What should i do

Posted , 7 users are following.

Please help i'm starving myself because i am sad

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You need too get to the doctor asap this happened too me I was so depressed I just couldn't eat or sleep or even think properly xx

• Posted

I agree with you. I too have experienced something similar and you need help to get through it
  • Posted

I noticed your post and decided to reply as I have been here before . 

I went a long time without eating properly due to appetite loss and it will make you a lot more ill .

Force yourself to have calories any way you can for the short term . I have very sugary cups of tea or pop to get my sugar levels up when I can't eat and you know what .. that doesent sound healthy but it is better than your body having no fuel at all. Glucose is simple easy to use fuel for the body. 

Get yourself something easy to eat that you can even drink in a cup like soup . Even cuppa soup .

Get those meal replacement shakes like complan and have as  many as you feel you need .

Once you start getting some calories in you may find you can manage a meal .

Get some microwave meals that you don't have to worry about spending time preparing 

A doctor never told me that I had to work it out for myself 

Love and hugs xx 

• Posted

A week is a long time!! You should go to your doctor asap, they could give you some diazapam, diazapam can help with apatite loss, i hope you feel better soon xx
  • Posted

When I am severely depressed I don't feel like eating either, kathleen. But a week is a long time to be scrimping on food, it's very hard on your system.

I try and have easy to eat nutritious things around the house when I'm feeling down. Yogurt smoothies for example-you can gulp one down pretty quickly and they have protein and other necessary things in them.

When you are struggling emotionally you really need to push yourself to eat nutritious foods. I know it's difficult, but you don't need to compound your emotional issues with physical weakness.

• Posted

Hi kathleen1199,

I am very sorry to hear that your mood is low and that as a result, you are not eating. Lack of appetite is a common symptom of depression, which your doctor can help you with. I would strongly advise you to make an appointment with your GP. They will talk to you about your symptoms and will be able to develop a plan of treatment which will help you.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Patient

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.