I have been suffering bad anxiety all day - need advice on Mitrtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

For last 3 weeks or so I have been having panick attacks and have been taken diazepam from doctor to help and sleeping tablet for night time.

Although today is the worst yet !!!!

I went to doctor today and he gave me 15mg of Mirtazapine and I have to take a half b4 bed, BUT my question is will this help take away my anxiety instantly ?? I have taken 10mg of diazepam today and that's not helped me 1 bit!!!!!

I'm wondering if I take my sleeping tablet instead of these Mirtazapine will that be a quicker solution as that normally helps me rid of anxiety!

Hope someone can help who knows about Mirtazapine ???

Desperate here with shakes , sweats and heart racing and been like this all day

Thanks C xxx

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well thanks for both of ur help, I have just had a freshen up and took my tablet 😱 Here's hoping it works ! I feel better after uz helping me so thank u so much again for all ur help it's much appreciated .

Will keep uz posted & hope uz r ok too 😘💝 X

• Posted

Your most welcome 😆

Let us know how you get on tomorrow

Sweet dreams

Richie x

• Posted

Did you day he told you to take half the 15mg? Why was that and when do you take second half
  • Posted

Hi:

I'm so sorry that you are having such bad panic attacks.

One possibility is that the diazepam is causing "rebound anxiety".  All of the benzos can cause rebound anxiety, and this caused great bouts of "rolling panic attacks" for me.  These lasted until an ER Nurse mentioned that my problem might be "rebound anxiety" and I got off them a long time later (MUST taper benzos slowly - to quit cold-turkey may be life-threatening, or at least so my GP said, and I think I've seen that online as well).  The benzos also caused lots of confusion.  Google "diazepam rebound anxiety".  Just a possibility.  Or it might be caused by the Remeron - my daytime anxiety seems to be related to my Remeron dosage - my daytime anxiety has decreased as the dosage Remeron dosage has been decreased, and it is my understanding that anxiety is one of Remeron's side-effects, per several sources.  

Just a possibility.

Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Charleen

Sounds like your peaked anxiety yesterday was due to the withdrawal of the sertrline, doctor may not have realised this, so annoying to hear you're going through this when it could have been prevented by a slow wd.

I was in a similar situation to you, taking Zopiclone, benzo's, then I took Mirt' one night and it worked for my insomnia, and therefore anxiety etc.  

I hope you managed a good nights sleep ???  You will probably be feeling very groggy as Mirt' has a slow release sedative effect that lasts pretty much all day, so it may well be the AD that's right for you.  

If 7.5 works for you, or if 15 mg works for you, you might want to consider staying at that dose, the lower doses are more sedating (funnily enough !!) and will help with the anx & sleep.  The higher doses are used more for depression, and if the sleep cures your anx' it could be all youu need.  Bear in mind that a slow WD is necessary from Mirt' (later of course), so staying low not to be sniffed at.  15 worked for me.

Best wishes, hope you have a better day.

C x

• Posted

Hi everyone, that's so much for ur nice words!

That's me just woke up well that was some sleep and much needed.

I appreciate the comments so much really helping me!

Just going to have a coffee and waken up a bit well try too!!

Xxxxxx💝💝💝

• Posted

So it did knock you out then cheesygrin. Well I'm glad you have had a good sleep. That's what I miss about it.

Perhaps if you get on ok with it you can stay on it. The mirt definitely lifted me, and I sank again when I stopped it. I wanted to come off because I couldn't function properly during the day, and with two kids and being on my own, that wasn't very practical. However I never gave the higher dose (30mg) a chance, so I'm starting to think maybe I might give it another go.

Anyway, stick with it if you can and let us all know how you get on. In the meantime, happy sleeping!! xxx

• Posted

Hey. Yeah I'm now lying on sofa no energy lol back at work Tomoz will need to take it very early tonight I think xxx

Hope u get sorted soon with ur tablets xxx

💖💖

I'm pure nervous about going back to work but hopefully this tablet helps me xxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.