i have been suffering from acid reflux disease for years has anyone got tips on diet and what food

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone who suffers with this condition got any info to pass on about diet to relieve symptoms

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maureen,

As someone who has sufferd for many years with your condition I have just had the latest surgery LINKS procedure, diet ? Just a low fat no citrus spice caffeine, basically anything that you enjoy you can't have I do t know if you have been on meds but it's a lomg haul. I have tried everything over the yrs, diet pills alternative stuff but the only thing that worked was the surgery I had a week or so ago.   Hope this nelps

paul 

• Posted

I have mentioned this before on this site and I am sticking with it.  No sugar and low fats.  I have (or had) a hyeatal hernea with acid reflux.  Off the meds now for at least 3 months!
  • Posted

I have been caffeine free citrus free and more, none helped so went back to my coffee the op was a total success the operation was LINX 
    • Posted

Who did you see to get the procedure done because i read is not widely available on nhs and did you suffer any side effects afterwards. Which area of the country do you live
  • Posted

Hi Maureen, think it would help if you say what you are already doing so that we dont all tell you to do the stuff you already know.
    • Posted

I have had reflux disease for more than 30 years and been taking medication all of the time i currently have inflammation of throat and am always worried. I also suffer from stress and anxiety.i eat healthy most of time but still have problems
    • Posted

I live in Exeter and fortunately it's the main hosp in the country to carry out the LINX tm. Procedure with a fantastic upper gastro surgeon mr wajeed

all the symptoms have gone I have very bad gas and I'm belching a lot but I'm sure it'll calm down in time. I'm mow free from pain AND free from al meds if you have inflammation of the throat it's definately time to demand more 

• Posted

Did you have to go to your own gp for referral if so did they take much persuasion
    • Posted

Yes  my gp referred me to hosp then the upper GI Consultant took over, no regrets.
    • Posted

Maureen, trust me I've been on them all from Tagamet in the late 70s, denol tab, denol, Zantac, loser, imeprazole and more recently lanzoprazole but no more I'm now medication freeeeeeeeeeee 
    • Posted

Thing is how do you persuade doctors to consider you for linx.sometimes making them understand how you feel is very difficult
    • Posted

Maureen maybe I was lucky but my consultant was very understanding. He completed every test from a swallow test, endoscopy, I had a tube up my nose and I to my stomach recorded for 24 hrs to measure the activity in my stomach. I had a barium swallow too. I also had a hiatus hernia and he cou

d see I had tried everything and he just offered me the option of LINX obviously you have to meet the criteria but sometimes you just have to demand things. Where are you ?

• Posted

I don't know if ots done in your area but I'd screa & shout til you get what's needed. Wish I could help
    • Posted

Of course its just nice to know who you are having your conversation with that's all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.