I have been suffering from anxiety for 18 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

It is ruining my life ,i have contenplated sucide as i have had enough ,and think it will never end ,I have been put on new medication i hope this will help .Has anyone been in this position who can give me any advice thanks Eric

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi eric, i felt exactly the same way, some dont understand why we are like this and it was making me worse, i sat my family down and asked them to read some of the threads on here, they see me in a different light now, they got me mental health care and AD sertraline, i am so much better, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and i know you say 18 months but it can go longer without the proper help, have you explained to your doctor how desperate you feel, have you spoken to mental health team ? .it does end and your not alone, take care
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind and helpful words I am seeing my doctor next week and hope to move on from there I don't feel so alone now Eric
    • Posted

your ok eric, everyone on here are willing to offer help, just hang in yes it's awefull but you will get there, if your meds are not working ask about ssri example sertraline, works wonders for many however side effects are also not good but they subside.i went from just like yourself crying didnt want to live , and now a different person.good luck
  • Posted

Yes I agree, the fact you have put up with this for 18 months shows your a strong person, But its time to get help now, make an apointment today 
    • Posted

Thanks Nick i am now getting help it has really dragged me down latley

I will keep you posted on my progress thanks again Eric

• Posted

I know how you feel.  I've had chronic anxiety off and on for years.  These last two months have been constant and severe, and I've had times when suicide seemed like the only option.  I've hung in there for the sake of my wife and son.  I got a little help with Gabapentin, but tonight I'm going to ask my doctor for an SSRI.  I can't get any Benzo's because I'm a recovering alcoholic.  Of course I drank because of my anxiety.  It's been horrible, but there's always help.  Don't give up Eric, it will get better.  You're not alone in this...
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply i like you have started taking to the bottle ,but of course this is not the way to go ,the doc put me on some drugs that seem to work and i am going to have a course of CBT i will keep you posted on how i get on and i will mention SSRI next time With friends like you i dont feel so alone ,i know it will get better one day good luck Eric
  • Posted

I know how you feel. I've had anxiety for about 6-7 months and I've been thinking that's it's better for me to just die than go through this. You're very strong. For dealing with it for 18 months. I am afraid of taking the medicine for it because of the side effects.

Right now my anxiety gets bad when I think I have some type of disease or illness because of some of the symptoms that I've been feeling. For example I've been thinking that I have a dvt because I went on a 3 hour trip this past weekend but everyone I've talked to said that I most likely don't have it.

A few months ago my anxiety was so bad I had panic attacks everyday But that subsided. I used to be terrified of being home by myself, I would constantly call my sister when she was at work. I also use to make endless trips to my doctor and ER. I just recently started to have panic attacks again so I made an appointment to see my doctor today.

If you are seriously contemplating suicide please see your doctor. They will try to help you. Do you see a therapist? I see a psychogist once every week and it's nice to have someone to turn to that will listen and not judge. Also it helps that my feelings aren't bottled up.

• Posted

Hi You are not dieing you just need help ,the side effects  is no problem just makes you  a bit tired and a lot calmer tell your dr everything and insist on help ,i had to see a shrink but it is working please dont do anything silly you are not alone in this trust me it will go away good luck at the docs Eric

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.