i have been suffering with severe anxiety for two weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I was ok up until two weeks ago when I convinced myself I was going to have a heart attack. Things have escalated since then, I'm on sertraline and diazepam, which Arnt doing much, i have been to hospital/clinic numerous times and had two ecg's, which were ok. I keep getting chest pain, pain in my arm, keep checking my pulse, palpitations, i just can't deal with it anymore. I've got no interest in anything anymore, I'm off work, i can't settle. All I can think about is dying. my husband is getting very frustrated with me, and I cry constantly. I'm just really down

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How long have u been on sertraline and what mg r u on? As sert takes a while to kick in and gets worse before it gets better x
    • Posted

Only a few weeks, I'm sitting here now in floods of tears, convinced I'm dying x
    • Posted

How long did u have anxiety or depression before u started taking sertraline?  I have been on sertraline 50mg  for 30 days now and my anxiety has been back the past week, the end of week 2 I had a few anxiety free days but I have felt it come back, but I have had the flu for a week and half so I have put it down to that. Try and relax yourself and do deep breathing. Also I find what helps me distract myself is knitting!!! I am 34 and I have got right into it and it has seriously helped, maybe try that or something crafts so your attention is way from panicking about panicking. Also I am using rescue remedy aswell, have u tried it??? Iwhat dose of sert r u on and when do u take it? 
    • Posted

I also take 50mg of sertraline at about 6pm, i do all kinds of hobbies. I read, cross stitch, knit, I've got a dolls house I'm trying to build but I just can't concentrate anymore. The diazepam is rubbish, that's meant to be a muscle relaxant for goodness sake. I've always suffered from panic attacks since my teens, I'm nearly 35, and I was always really good at pulling myself out of those, but this is different. It started two weeks ago, i convinced myself I was going to have a heart attack, and since then I've had the palpitations,pains in arm, chest pain, and all I can think about is that I'm going to die xx
    • Posted

Go back to your doc and ask for propranolol, it will stop all the physical sides of it Hun. I have also suffered from anxiety/panic from my late teens but like u this episode is by far the worst, I have never experienced anything like this and it knocked me for 6. How long have u been on sert for?? Did u have side effects in the beginning from taking it? Usually it heightens anxiety at the beginning but if u r seeing no difference on it u might have to upped. 50mg is normally the starting dose and then 100mg is where most people go and stay and even higher. I have my follow up in 2 weeks so if no better I will asked to be upped. Also please don't worry u r not going to die, I know it feels it and it's so horrible. Go on YouTube and watch/listen to some meditation, also u might want to try taking your sert at bedtime if u have no trouble sleeping with it, maybe worth a try x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.