I have been very interested to read other user's comment...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been very interested to read other user's comments on Livial. I have been using Livial for the past three years and feel I have benefited from it. Prior to using Livial, took many other forms of HRT, but had constant breakthrough bleeding, this was investigated and it was then suggested I try Livial. The bleeding stopped, the libido greatly improved along with a general sense of wellbeing. I am 73 years of age. It would be interesting to hear about any positive comments from others.:lol::lol::lol:

[i:a568488a65]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a568488a65]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Pleased to read about your positive experience with Livial. I am 60 and had my menopause at 40 and took HRT for about 10 years before having a full hysterectomy 2 years ago after starting break-through bleeding for the later 4 years. I've been on livial 2.5mg for about 3 years. My worst sympton after turning 40 was severe depression. Currently I'm feeling normal (good) but taking anti-depressants as well as livial. Partly because of the cost I started to take livial every other day but after about a month have reverted back as my libido (never great)and mood seem to have deteriorated. I wonder about side-effects but today decided to continue with livial probably for the rest of my life unless I find any good reasons not to, as I'm sure I feel that much better on it. What dose are you on? Do you have any good links?:D

[i:f7cfaf67a6]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f7cfaf67a6]

• Posted

I'm also pleased Livial is working for you, I'm 54 and have been taking it for 5 weeks. I have only experienced limited relief from the flushes and none at all with the sleep and libido problems. Worst of all I've inexplicably gained 7lbs in the 5 weeks, so I'm thinking of coming off it. What I noticed most in your posting was your age - does this mean the menopause can and does go on for many years? I really don't think I could stand it that long!

[i:9f84168823]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:9f84168823]

• Posted

Re. your comment on noticing my age! Please do not be discouraged by this - I need to explain that I take Livial partly for my bones as I am very slim and have several risk factors for osteoporosis. Due to this, have taken many forms of HRT for years, all of which seemed to create one problem or another - Livial seems to suit me the best. Everyone reacts very differently to these drugs. The libido improvement was just a bonus really! Another reason for taking it is for the vaginal dryness, which most of the forms of HRT helped, but, as mentioned earlier, I had other problems with them. I hope I have made the right decision to continue with Livial, have done a lot of research on this form of therapy and tried to evaluate the risks as best as I can, alone and with the help of my good doctor. I wish you all the best and can assure you the menopause passes on and in some ways life becomes very good. Take care. Best wishes to you.:lol:

[i:1305795c05]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:1305795c05]

• Posted

Glad to hear your positive comments. I'm nearly 54 and took the pill until last year. So after one year of stopping the pill and no other HRT I started to find the last few months very difficult. Extremely anxious, tired, lack of sleep, vaginal dryness, bad concentration. Hot flushes I could cope with but were annoying. I started taking livial last week, I can honestly say that after the 2nd day my hot flushes stopped, libido increased and my mood has definitely improved. It's a bit scary to read other negative comments and glad yours is a positive experience. I am quite fit and exercise regularly but I do feel I have to watch my diet. I hope that weight gain wont be too much of a problem.

[i:ec6f06adf3]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ec6f06adf3]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.