I Have Body Odor & Bad Breath...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been dealing with body odor and bad breath for around 3 years now, and it's ruining my social life. At first I thought people around me were just acting strange but then I slowly came to realize that I might actually have BO. Almost everyone that sits next to me would inhale through their nose loudly (similar to a loud sniff) and then exhale. This happens to me every single time so can't be a coincidence right? Problem is I'm too scared to ask any of my friends if I smell bad because it'll just be awkward. It took a lot of effort to just ask my family if I do or not, but everyone in my family said I don't smell like anything. Though my brother has told me about my bad breath. Honestly I've been so paranoid of how I smell in public I'm always avoiding people or keeping a distance from my friends.

Obviously I won't be able to smell my own BO but there are some smells I can smell from me. The sides of my noses and my chin smell awful when I rub them (Almost something like cheese, idk how to explain it). I also noticed that my face and hair absorb smells very quickly especially if the room is oily. Like if I go to a fish and chips shop or any shop that has that "oily deep fry" smell, I absorb the smell almost in few minutes. Even my clothes smell of it while all my other friends smell completely normal. Another thing I try and avoid in public is eating anything with cheese or cream. They make the side of my nose and my chin smell so bad it even makes me want to throw up sometimes. Idk if this is normal but maybe its some sort of digestive problem. This might possibly be related to me sweating almost instantly after eating pineapples or any other sweets like starbursts and skittles. One last thing to mention is that I can smell the smell from my armpits (curry like smell) so why can't I smell other smells from my body (or maybe I don't have very serious bo?)

As you can tell, i'm really paranoid about how I smell... I think i'm going insane. I don't even know if this is possible but the towels that I use smell pretty bad most of the time and i'm starting to think that might be the reason why i smell bad. I don't think my mum knows how to wash towels properly because they always have this weird musty smell or they smell too much of detergent or whatever its called. (i've also complained about not buying new towels because we've been using the same towels for 4 years (some for 6 years) Why do I think it might be the towels? Well i guess rubbing something that smells on your body could make your body smell too and my brother also told me that some of his friends told him he smells of bo and I highly doubt my whole f*****g family has bo lol.

Now on to my breath...

I'm actually not too concerned about my breath but there is one thing that I don't understand. I brush my teeth twice everyday but why does my breath start to smell after 1-2 hours? I brush my teeth at least for 3 minutes, floss, and use a tongue scraper but why does my breath still smell? I might not be as paranoid of how my breath smells compared to my bo because I know how my breath smells but it still annoys me.

0 likes, 2 replies

Report / Delete

2 Replies

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up