I have CAF what can I do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have CAF for almost 2months. I am going true hell . I use anoheal wich makes my anus hard I feel like I won't go toilet . The simptoms are there for about 4 hours. In the morning more bad than in the evening. Is this some sorte side efects or this normal. What can I do?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had the exact same problem. I had an AF that was misdiagnosed for 6 years as hemorrhoids. I had torn during giving birth, and when they finally looked they discovered it wasn't hemorrhoids after all. There is a cream compound a Dr. can prescribe for you that relaxes the muscles, but unfortunately that didn't help me. I have heard of people having botox shots as well, but I haven't heard anyone say they've had great success with that. I finally gave in and had LIS surgery over a year ago, and I swear it was the BEST decision I have ever made in my LIFE. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I was in horrible pain for about 4 hours after every BM, and it would come at the most inconvenient times. It got to the point where the pain was constant, and I gave in. The pain after surgery was nothing compared to the pain I was in before. I never popped a single pain pill after surgery. A warm bath after a BM instantly took any aching or pain away. In about 3 weeks and I was back to feeling like my old self. It took about 6 months for the bleeding to totally stop, but I wasn't in pain. I hope you find a solution that helps. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Hi

I am scheduled for surgery Monday but I am terrified. I've had the AF for about 6 weeks. I'm terrified regarding the surgery!! Yesterday after my BM I had very little- almost non existent pain. I am so undecided regarding what to do..,should I have the surgery or wait and just continue Metamucil

• Posted

Hi. What will be your advise to take before surgery I mean stool softeners. As you know after surgery the most important thing is not to get constipated. The doctor will put under general anastetik too see what going on. Is he gone do surgery straight away or there will be conversation about it? I will go for surgery that's for sure. Tanks

• Posted

Well I had couple of times when I thought I recovered, but then again blood comes out and doesn't feel confident. I don't feel right know much of a pain. Only spasm. I walk alote 10000steps a day. When I put cream I can feel the cut it's there. I would recommend you to do surgery even I haven't done for my self . 1-2 week of more misery. Because the more you keep the cut there the more complication. Even if you recover it will come back at some point.

• Posted

Hi, what did you decided. Did you do surgery tell me generally what happened. Any tips caz I am having mine soon . Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.