I have cognitive decline and cannot tell anyone, or they will think I am schizophrenic please help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

4 years ago I started to have memory issues, for a long time I managed to function with the cognitive decline, by keeping myself occupied with hobbies and college classes, but you cannot fight these diseases forever they always win.Recently I have begun to have serious symptoms like heat intolerance and I was diagnosed by a doctor with autonomic dysfunction.This is very reassuring because it could lead to diagnosing the illness(brain disease).Recently I have begun to have a lot of difficulty focusing and have become apathetic I am fairly confident it is just a symptom of the cognitive decline, but I know I have to keep my mouth shut for as long as possible or else I could be misdiagnosed and I will get ineffective treatments. I really don't know what to do I am unable to participate in any of my favorite activities like reading or even video games, because I cannot focus so most of the day I sit and do nothing.I guess I should try an antidepressant but I am pessimistic about if it will even help me.

If an antidepressant manages to buy me some time I will have to diagnose the neurological disease as fast as possible, by looking into the POTS and the heat intolerance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.