I have DD for 6 years, and now I've been informed that the bowel is narrowing

Posted , 4 users are following.

i've been taking Fibogel but it's not helping much at all, has any got any ideas to assist me please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Someone suggested drinking pear juice. I too take fiber but still must take an occasional Miralax. Very frustrating disease.
  • Posted

Not sure if this will help with your narrowing bowel but I have been prescribed Laxido, which uses available fluids in the bowel to soften stools. I hadn't had much success with fybogel but Laxido works well for me.

good luck

• Posted

It must be our American version called Miralax. It works the same way.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed in Sept of this year. I have has 4 bouts since then the last being the worst in May. Each time I was in th ER, started on IV Antibiotics then released. This last time I was admitted and I was also told I had significant thickening which was cause narrowing and was told I needed to have a resection. I do not want that so I have been trying everything to avoid another episode. My GI Doctor has me on Benefiber three times a day and a good Probiotic. I stick too small meals, eliminate all meat except chicken and turkey and really try to keep my fiber totals up. This disease takes over your life and makes it very hard not to be scared or eat anything. How may episodes have you had over the 6 years?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.