I have depression stress and anxiety and I'm so lost??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm soo lost. I am 22 and have two children I have a 4 year old and a 9 month old. My husband and my son left me at the end of august so now it's just me and my daughter I say around September 10th I went to the hospital because I had experienced my first anxiety/panic attack my heart rate was in the 180's and would not come down because I was still panicking I thought I was dying. They ran some test because they thought my heart rate was too high for just an anxiety attack and that it was random.. I've never had anything like this happen to me before) the test come back no blood clots, thyroids, infections diseases, nothing.. so they sent me home and told me to follow up with a doctor. Doctor diagnosed me with depression and anxiety and gave me prescription. I don't like to turn to medication so I haven't taken it. I have been in bed for two months now I don't want to move, I don't want to get out, and I don't want to eat. I'm so lost right now my mind is constantly worrying like am I going to die am I ok and it's like I can't control it. I know stress can take a physical toll on your body and that's what I keep trying to tell myself because about a week ago I was back in the er because I used the bathroom laid down and my left arm started burning in the inside so I turned to google (bad idea) but it said stroke or heart attack so I panicked. Called the ambulance they checked my heart rate seen it was 185 told me I needed to go to the er to get test ran again..  so I go again no infection no disease no thyroids but my d-dimer test came back positive so she said it's a possibility I have a blood clot they take me to do my ct scan and they didn't find anything so they gave me a beta blocker which really helped because I kind of felt normal again. And they told me to follow up with a cardiologist. All of this just makes me think it can't be anything but my mental since the split with my family I have been going through hell. Feel like I can't accomplish anything I hate being alone for too long my body hurts in different areas I get sharp pains in my stomach, back,side, and chest that also come with chest tightness and shortness of breath.. I constantly worry like maybe the drs didn't find anything because they missed it I refuse to believe its stress that's causing me this pain. I just need advice to help me get through this and is this just depression or postpartum depression ???my baby was 7 months when it started. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. First of all sorry to hear about your family splitting up. I've been through similar myself and I know how much it hurts.

It does sound like this has brought on the panic attacks and anxiety. I have suffered most of my life and a major life event triggers it for me

You're not alone and if you would like to chat further with somebody who knows what you're going through feel free to message me...

• Posted

Hi Jeannisha - sorry to read of what has happened with you. Since the doctors found nothing after testing all relevant physical possibilities for your condition, the assumption would have to be that this a psychological condition. You state you refuse to believe it is stress, and then go on to write that perhaps it is 'just depression or postpartum depression." There is no such thing as 'just depression.' It is a silent illness that is invisible to others unless we start acting out in strange and/or dangerous ways. Meanwhile, you are suffering. How about presenting that prescription and taking the anti-depressants that have been prescribed? They will take 3-8 weeks to lift your mood. You may also need to consider counselling for postpartum and perhaps for the situation with the splitting of your family. There is more at stake here than just your good mental health - you have a child that is dependant on you. Take action for her if not for yourself.

• Posted

I asked for the difference because someone told me postpartum is only after u recently had a baby and that u can't get postpartum when a baby is older than six months that's why I was confused about the difference but either way I am still suffering and I don't want to turn to meds as my only way out I decided that I am going to take beta blockers and anxiety but not the anti depressants not everyone react well with them.. but that you for your concern much appreciated ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.