I have GERD but i’m not sureness if i really have IBS or if it’s bad something else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Basically i have the symptoms of ibs which are attacks after eating certain foods that r stomach might be sensitive too. in addition to this i have trapped wind and it’s been getting worse and worse ever seen i developed GERD which is a reflux problem and is causes a lot of burping and heartburn sometimes. I am 99% sure i have it because i did three main things to start it that are known causes: i age late at night, it was a big meal and i ate it quite quickly. As long as i don’t eat the trigger foods for it my symptoms aren’t controlled.  

but one of the strange things about my symptoms is that i get nerve pain and Muscle spasms and sometimes this happens as i hear the sound of bubbling in my abdominal area it’s like the wind is affecting my nerves if that makes sense! When i lay down the wind tends to go out through the other way and i fart. 

I’m worried that it is something else but i have booked an appointment with the doctor and i am going to ask if i can get a colonoscopy to see if anything’s wrong but i don’t just want to put it down to IBS if it might be something serious and i’m a bit nervous. 

ANYONE Experiencing something similar??????

Can anyone helppp or try out my mind at ease

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you get abdominal pain that moves about and change of bowel habit along with your other symptoms?  If so, it sounds like IBS.
    • Posted

Yes i do sometimes i don’t need get bowel movements as frequently and sometimes a fee minutes after a meal i get a running stomach that passes after bowel movement.
  • Posted

Are you male or female? I too have GERD and IBS. I also had a total hysterectomy years ago and now have a prolapsed bowel...along with the IBS this creates a lot of trapped gas that is released when i lie down. I do feel a lot of gurgling in my abdomen after i eat and the muscle spasms in my bowels...but no nerve pain. Sorry you are dealing with this too , hopefully your doctor will have some answers for you - a colonoscopy is a good idea. worry and stress also makes things worse ☺
  • Posted

I can get strange tingling in my head and stiff cramps muscles in neck then I have to go to the loo. I take a Buscopan and feel a lot better. This happened other night after eating coleslaw so it’s generally after I’ve eaten something that I shouldn’t have done. 
  • Posted

I get breathlessness with mine sad and ibs has been playing up sice january so 7 months of it xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.