I have had a lot of anxiety for a very long time. My husband of over 16 yrs, has severe COPD.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband has severe COPD and has called i. Hospice 3 xs now. He now uses a wheelchair to conserve oxygen.  He has OCD disorder and is extremely demanding and controlling.   He is unappreciative of anything and everything.   i.e. he rarely likes what I make him to eat.  Now, I ask him what he wld like for dinner before I make it.   I feel like I am hvg a nervous breakdown trying to pls and take care of his constant needs.   Does anyone feel like they, too, r hvg a nervous breakdown?   I had one in 1988.  I am 72.   

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Heatherberry. I don't have any answers to your situation other than to say you appear to be carrying a heavy load.

I just want you to know I will be thinking of you and will give you support on here if I can.

• Posted

Thank you for ur reply.  I wld appreciate any support.  I had been seeing a psch to talk to but she really didn't help.   Just someone to talk to other than my friends and fam. They have heard it all so many times.  
  • Posted

Heatherberry if u would like to email me privatly I would love to communicate with u. I use to own assisted livings for many years and I do have some advice for u with the manipulating he doing on u and lashing out, he knows it works so he keeps stepping on u, plus he feels u are going to do what he wants, and guess what u are. I suffer from anxiety as u and I am 64 with a cranky husband who is 74 oh I get it. Hope to hear from u.
    • Posted

i had just started this discussion a half hr or so ago and I grabbed my ipad to see if there had been aby replies!  Brought tears to see urs!   Wld really like to talk to u. 
  • Posted

I sure hope I sent my conversation to u I typed it up and then my husband came in and interupted me and I am not sure if I erased the message or if I pressed the send button. Let me know if u got this letter I sent u.

Kathy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.