I have had anxiety and depression now for a year, but nothing has worked for me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am very desperate for someone out there to help me, have been taking antidepressants on and off for a year now, but find Prozac, Mirtazapine and sertraline does not work for me, as I take Thyroxine, also had counceling for late bereavement.... does anyone know what might be helpful, as no one really wnats to be around me, I used to be happy go lucky, feel so lonely and very scared, even doctors are fed up with me....Do not know what to do anymore..... someone Please Please help me, can't go on like this anymore.... Hilary  > 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder with psychosis in the summer of 2015. I did have a supportive family and doctor, so I was very lucky that way. I didn't think anything could ever be alright again, that was the psychosis. I didn't want to see anyone or do anything. I didn't enjoy anything and felt down all the time. Family members became so concerned one day that they forced to go to the ER at our local hospital. A psychiatrist committed me to the hospital for eight days to monitor me while he found the meds that worked for me. Since July 2015 I.have been taking 300 mg venlafaxine and 15 mg mirtazapine. That combination works very well for me. I am happier than I"ve been in years and I sleep better. I know the same meds don'T always have the same affect on everybody, but they gave me my life back.

If your doctor is not helping you, find a doctor who cares, or talk to a mental health Centre and find out how you can get help. You deserve to be happy and have compassionate care.

Let me know how you are doing. You can always vent on this site and find others who understand how you feel and will be nonjudgmental.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Hillary you may find this random, but test your sugar levels and your thyroid levels 

people with these imbalances, tend to have their minds and bodies pick up stresses and depressions over things that have affected their lives more easily . 

I know its not scientifically proven. but peopel with perfectly normal thyroids , actually stay automatically happy even if there rae lots of sad thigns happening in their lives 

in a study on animals , it was noticed that animals who are under severe stress in labs , were still very happy every time they felt their lives were not in danger  in the labs , and would be excited nad happy . 

so thyroid discrepancies and sugar discrepeanceis in the body have a major reason to be unable to tackle paranoia and depression

then having happy situations in life itself isnt really a bad thign either ... 

• Posted

Try therapy, it's not the same as counselling, it's much better

• Posted

Hillary I feel your pain. I've had depression for most of my adult life. Early last year my depression returned this time severe. I tried prozac that had previously worked for me. I became anxious withdrawn lost my appetite motivation and I would cry every day. I persevered as long as I could gp took me off them I was put on lots of different things none helped. I got worse. I stopped sleeping completely and had to go sick from work. As a result I ended up alcohol dependant as my depression was so bad. I couldn't see a way out. I hit rock bottom. I underwent an alcohol detox then went back to doc finally got medication that helped. If your doctors are not helping see another one if you can or ask them to refer you to a psychiatrist. Try and walk every day get some fresh air. Try and keep busy if you can so you are not focusing on your depression. Be selfish. Put yourself first. Try and do things you enjoy or find a new hobby. It's hard. It's hell. But in time I promise you you will see a glimmer of light. Stay strong and fight this. Take care x

• Posted

Have you asked for CBT with a CPN ?. or are you taking .Thyroxine I see for your Bereavement you had treatment for that, did you find that

helped you move on or are you still dwelling on your loss. Do you have an understanding of why you are depressed, you need to try and understand why you feel the way you do. is half way to possible recovery

BOB 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.