I have had bad anxiety for 2 weeks, please help....

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay so for the past 2 weeks i have been having bad anxiety. it all started after i stopped smoking weed, i'm not really sure if it's cause of that but my anxiety is getting really bad and it's getting to the point where i'm getting almost no sleep and i'm missing alot of school. My doctor gave me zolloft which i'm really scared to take cause i read alot of reviews about it and people go crazy from it and i really don't want that. It's getting the the point where i don't know what to do anymore, i'm missing too much school and it taking over my life yo. I'm only 17 and this is really unhealthy for my body and i'm really scared sad. Is there anything i can do to stop this anxiety??? i really need help yo 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's been 2 weeks so it's good that you noticed this early! I think you should try the Zoloft, I was afraid of taking medication because of all the crazy posts but it's actually helped me so much 😄
    • Posted

If it doesn't work you should go back to your doctor and tell them about the side effects you experience. This can help them find a better medication if Zoloft doesn't work for you.
    • Posted

Of course! I'm 19 so close to your age, it is scary but it definitely gets better and better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.