I have had BV for nearly 2 years,does anyone have any luck curing it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been battling this for so long now,I'm really getting hopeless. None of the medication I've been prescribed works, it will put it at bay for a week or two but then it comes back 100x worse. Have any of you actually beat this? If so can you please help a gal out. Thank you so much

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I would like to know too. I've had it for 8 years and 30 different treatments medically and homeopathic remedies. Still nothing . I'm almost 30 and still a virgin because I stink too much for sex or relationship

• Posted

how did you get your BV? im 19 years old. i first noticed that there's an abnormalities on my discharge on at the last weeks of february. It's been 7 months that i still have those (white discharge with bad odor, watery, thin, kinda itchy in the surface of my vagina.) I tried to go in an OB, but the doctor did not entertained me. Coz when i say to him that im still a virgin and i didnt do anything...that doctor doesnt believe me. I know that it is a BV even though the doctor doesnt say that it is BV. I still dont have any pills that takes in...And i am worried about that it can get to worst.

May i know on how did you get your BV? thank you!

• Posted

I was forced into receiving oral from a guy I was dating. So like an idiot I dated him because I felt like he had taken part of my virginity so I may as well stay. Anyways month in this smell happens I guess. He also gave me strep throat which I got antibiotics . I really don't know what came first . Doctors don't entertain me either . Whether it's vagina issues or regular issues. So I've stop going

• Posted

Don't stop going just ask to see a different Dr ,? If possible!

Forced that's awfull sorry to hear that I don't know if that can be passed that way but he should never had forced you ??an ??he deffinatley isn't worth sticking round with run for the hills xx

• Posted

I was battling BV from September 15 up untill I plucked courage to go drs in July 16, ?they prescribed me metronidazole which I read many ppl say it didn't cure do i didn't believe it would but it fixed it for me ?an i later had sex on couple occasions and still fresh, it worked for me I took them exactley how the leaflet said and I also threw away my Lycra underwear replacing with cotton I also gave up energy drinks and it's not come back I hope it's the end of it but it feels great to be able to sit down and not smell it coming threw my pants/leggings hope u get cured soon it's horrible I believe I got this wen I slept with someone new Id met , I have slept with them since ?an still not returned x good luck

• Posted

I've tried metro twice gave me a rash but I decided to keep trying . Sadly didn't work

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, did you take with meals as they are very very strong? I lost my appetite but made sure I eat while taking it even if it was just a sandwich or toast ️xxx
  • Posted

Okay so I'm am going to do my darnedest to get rid of this thig

First I will be drinking 2L of water with lemon for 2 weeks,nothing else,no soda,coffe ect.

Next I will cut all meat and sugar from my diet.(veggies only!)

I will be taking a $50 vitamin supplement that better work!(that's a lot of money for vitamins lol)

Also I will be washing all my clothing,especially my undergarments with organic tea tree spoap. (I have a suspicion my detergent is messing with my flora)

Along with is I will be gently using cotton swab with a small amount of peroxide to clean my area. I don't want to use a douche because once I did it,it worked for about a week and then it came back so much worse.

Finally I will be soaking in a hot bath with sea salt 3x a week. (I saw a woman on YouTube who said it worked for her.)

Also ladies if you are a smoker I suggest you quit(at least for sometime) to see if your symptoms clear up as smoking is a variable in bv.

• Posted

I cut out energy drinks ,

I quit smoking

I didn't have sex for a while

I took a course of metronidazole

And I threw my old underwear away and bought cotton,

Then one by one I started my bad habits again to see? What happened ?

Here's what I did,

I was cleared of bv, so fresh was unreal.

I had sex still ok,??With and with out condom,

I finished my tablets after a month I was still ok ??

I wore my cotton under wear they felt lovely and stayed clean ??

I started having regular ciggies when drinking , surprisingly still ok 😳??

I had ?an energy drink yestaday around 2pm and today I kinda got a wiff of somethink a little fishy,

😳😣im assuming it's the energy drink but I don't know if it would run through me that kwickly! I have cut them back out my diet I will shower later and see if the smell returns tomorrow , the smell is not strong at the moment but a little present and funky , im blaming ENERGY DRINKS,! ?Xx be intrested to hear how you get on

• Posted

Wow I didn't even think energy drink could be a problem! I used to drink them like crazy,I'm talking 3 or 4 a day😱

I'm definitely not touching those anymore! Anyway I'm currently waiting on my vitamins to arrive so in the mean time I'm just doing everything else I posted aside from the vitamins

However yesterday morning I decided to try something

I got some antibacterial hand soap and mixed it with very hot water in a clean cup

I laid flat and poured it over my ladie parts and I'm not gonna lie it burned a small bit but not unbearable

I did this for about a minute or so and then I rinsed it all out

After that I used a my organic shampoo,after reading the ingredients I realized that it could really help!

It has tea tree oil,peppermint oils,aloe,cedar wood oil,and lemon oil!

I repeated the process with this soap.

I wasn't expecting wby result but I has no smell or awful discharge for that entire day and even this morning everything looks okay!

The weird thing was I did have discharge but it was clear and the way it used to be before I had bv!

• Posted

You know what I used to drink about one a day never had problems but after I got pregnant because I couldn't drink them when I had baby I started drinking 2 a day and sometimes as many as 3 I got to a point where I needed them ?an I was having them a lot, this is when the BV thing started I blamed sex with another man but since stopping them I've been with him again ??an still smell free , soons I had just one the smell was back it was back a little this morning and I washed right away it's not there now tho I have had a lot of discharge to day tho an a bit of white cheesy type when I checked on my finger no other symptoms tho,? I don't even know what my discharge is memt to be like, mine sometimes is like slime ppl say that's normal but sometimes it's so stringy xx

• Posted

Also just to mention it was the cheap energy drinks the 35-49p ones
  • Posted

Hi i had the same issues. Antibiotics over and over just to keep getting it back. Finally i called my Dr and she was off and i got thru to the dr that gave me the cure to this nightmare. BORIC ACID capsules. A LiFE SAVER. I bought them from amazon. Used them once a night for 4 weeks. Then the the first night my period stops i used one for the next four months. Also Used one each time a night or so after having sex for also about four months. He also suggested taking lacabillious probiotics to build back up my bacteria from all the antibiotics. Which i took for three months. I have been clear now for a year doing nothing at all.
  • Posted

It's been 4 days since I'm taking this home remedy that i saw from the internet. The bad smell is gone but still I dont know if the discharge is in normal state. I'm still observing this and I hope that it will really work for me..I hope that it will not get worst..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.