I have had pain and anxiety and depression and fear for 25 years

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I have had so many problems for the last 25 years. It started when I sprained my back when my daughter was two years old. I have always been a dependent insecure person in many ways. I thought i was fine with being a Mom and a wife. But I think my insecurity started to show up more right before I sprained my back and think I was tight to begin with and that is why the injury came about more severe. Well this sent me into a tailspin of fear and worry and anxiety. Like who was going to take care of my daughter in case I didn't get better? Who was going to clean the house. Even though I am married my husband is a workacholic. I got every illness from that point on and more injuries from dr's trying to help me. Well to make a long story a little shorter. I have struggled all these years with fear, fibromyaligia and many pulls and haven't been ABLE TO USE my body it preventing me from really having my strength and shut me down almost all together. I am still struggling going to dr's and counselors and trying to get well. I also have a strong faith in God. I wanted to see if anyone had anything similiar to this. I could write a book to you but currently my back and neck are really off. I will share more when i can. Please tell me if this has happened to anyone else and how they got through it. thank-you so very much. Joan

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

hi, i fractured my back, back in august lastyear and that plays on my mind and i thought i was paralised but they mended me a little  still have pain etc, im thinking i wont be able to lift heavy things anymore even wash up or hoover as it hurts, i was too thinking along the lines as im going to be crippled, i have loads to live for as i got 8 kids which dont live with me, i also have an awesome wife that puts up with me ( god knows why ) i know she loves me and i love her but im always asking constantly and its wearing her down too, hope you feel better soooooon
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank-you very much hanky. I pray that you get relief from your chronic pain and anxiety too. I know I always worry about my husband working so hard and having to take care of me at times. I just keep praying and keep believing but it's nice to share with other's and listen and help each other. God Bless you . Joan
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

im so lucky to have a very strong wife smile  im trying hard to go back to work tomorrow (gulp) i need to get out as all im doing is lazing about all day staring at the walls grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr    do you work?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up