I have had really bad anixty for 3 months, am I ever going to get better!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on citraloprom for 8 years on 10-20mg a day , 12 weeks ago I started feeling I was going down hill with really bad anxiety , feeling really nervous all the time not sleeping , feeling sick getting bloated all the time and having Diarrhoea all the time, the doctor has put me on mirtapline which helps with my sleeping but still feel very anxious , can anyone recommend anything else I feel like I can't cope with it anymore and it's taking over my life 

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you going to increase the citalopram?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do they not prescribe Xanax much anymore? I take it daily, and very effective. But I started it as needed, and a very low dose. Here are some choices I found. Ask you GP about these.

Other anti-anxiety drugs include the benzodiazepines, such as Valium, Ativan and Xanax. These drugs do carry a risk of addiction or tolerance (meaning that higher and higher doses become necessary to achieve the same effect), so they are not as desirable for long-term use. Other possible side effects include drowsiness, poor concentration, and irritability. Some anticonvulsant drugs (such as Lyrica or Neurontin) and some atypical antipsychotics (such as Abilify or Seroquel) are also occasionally used "off label" to treat anxiety symptoms or disorders.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up