I have had some sort of red patch on my penis for quite awhile

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I have had a red patch on the bottom side of my penis for a while now.  It takes up about half or 1/3 of the skin. From the balls to the tip when I touch it if feels fleshy not the same as the skin because there isn’t skin where it is.  It’s not painful or anything its just really easy to see and feel when I touch it. If anyone could help it would be very appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds unusual, but it's hard to offer advice without a pic.  How old are you though, how long have you had it, do you have any other medical conditions, and are you sexually active?

If you want to add a pic, you need to be on a PC or laptop with a large window.  If you are, then you should see some extra icons towards the top right of where you type, and the right hand icon (which I think is supposed to look like the sun over hills) will add images.

The pic I've attached here shows the icons: 

• Posted

I’ll try to figure the picture thing out but I have had it for I think a few years now. I’m 17 and back when I was younger I wet the bed A lot, so I kinda figured it was from that. It hasn’t really gone down or up in size for about a year or two now. And sometimes it can get bright red or a little closer to my skin color. I’ll try to figure the picture thing out when I can use a computer

Thanks

• Posted

it could be balanitis as the basic form of the condition is very common, and easy to sort out.  You could start by reading this detail on here:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

make sure you check-out all the information there in case what you have is not actually balanitis, the page directs you to other specific, alternative conditions .....

Should you make no progress from there, are you able to access a doctor to have it checked?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.