I have heartburn for 2 days and now my chest wall feels bruised. What. Is this

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does this sound familiar to anyone

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I am not a doctor , if you are worried see your medical person
  • Posted

Hello Sandy, during my worst periods of gastritis trouble, my lower ribs and left ribs particularly can feel painful, including to touch-pressure, if that's what you mean. Maybe hiatal hernia can cause that pain too when it is involved with gastritis and similar stomach problems. The feeling tends to ease off in a day or several days depending on the severity of my gastritis set-back and/or oesophageal burn.
  • Posted

Your body is under attack. It means you are likely to feel various aches and pains.

Try to discover what is causing your heartburn by keeping a food diary.

What medication are you using for it? If it persists see your doctor before it does permanent damage to your oesophagus.

• Posted

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I'm dealing with lots of stress. I just lost my mother. Got the flu on the way home from funeral and in bed for 2 weeks with weakness and exaustion. Then heartburn.  Your right. My body is under attack.   
  • Posted

Hi sandy  first I am sorry for your loss , I said I am not a Doctor but I am a 

coginitive behaviour graduate, once again I feel you have several problems 

which is stress , but as said by you you have had flu bug and took to your bed for 2 weeks . Have you been examined by a GP this is a for most for you . But stress is a muscle straining on your body . I going too say you must relax . Food is a part of your wellness but the correct food , you do not need coffee , fried food ,wine, beer , chocolate , now you need fresh veg, herbal teas chamomile is a relax drink  try to bring your body into a relax state  , if you need to help the pain only take panadol tablets but only if you really need them.  Please go and see your Doctor he knows best .

i wish you well and remember try to relax, your loss is a great loss and the only healer is time take each day as you can. If you need me to talk too I will watch out for your messages

• Posted

Thank you for your reply , now as said see a Doctor mean time relax.

try to be in a quiet room and focus on a small object this will if you do it properly will help your body to relax it is like self hypnosis.

i wish you well

• Posted

Hi how do u define heartburn exactly ? I imagine stress is the culprit let me know as I have symptoms and following vstressful events .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.