I have issues that I have not touched based with.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, i have joined this forum to come to have a discussion and come to a solution for my problems. I have been a sponge for more than half of my years on earth. I have realized that. I am sometimes a leader but when another leader is in the room and imposed certain things, i humble down a bit and do and agree to whatever that person does, even when i really and truly inside do not agree? I think alot and lose apetite most times. I normally feel left out at times. 

2 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

You can change all of this, don't worry! Who says you have to be a leader anyway! Leaders take action and if you look up to such people you can too! There's one thing we've both got in common, we're both leaders. You just haven't realised your potential to change the world yet. Plenty you can do, volunteer abroad, give blood, just start thinking, how can \I think positive and get a positive rush. Get the upbeat music going, dance in your room. Why not?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Today, i started with a school. I was invited by the principle of that school to talk to certain young ladies from his school. The reason being, i spoke to him about my situation and he believes i am the best person to speak to his students. I did get a positve feedback from the student. However, when i am with persons of a greater education and wider knowledge. I keep shut and not participate. Its getting a toll on me
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well participate then! You just have to decide and not be self-concious (I think this is the struggle, as you clearly are very able to be employed in the first place-do you think the person who employed you thought this? No they thought 'This person impresses me, I want them in my team. It's not always about you anyway, it's about your cause (but don't let his become detrimental to your health, you're important too) and intent to do good for others. You cannot always choose the thoughts that pop into your head, but you can choose what you think about them! Feelings are just feelings and negativity can be ignored and replaced by you. Try to relax a bit and make this about you, as soon as you realise how important you are to other people, you'll know what to do. I would encourage you to think about what you want from life and your career, do you want a promotion, a change? Look at how you can go about bringing about positive change. Try and change your music and reading material to uplifting stuff, associate less with people who moan and more with go-getters. You're a go getter, you got your job, you came on here and you're solving problems at work. You only get once so try and think about how you can make life amazing. You could save up and volunteer teaching abroad, there are so many possibilities.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is amazing that what you just said to me, is what the princiople said before he invited me to talk to his students. I am now accepting that i am indeed a self concious person. You, him, you guys are not the first to tell me so. There is also another problem i am faced with. I am stepping out in a hurry now, will continue this chat. Thanks. You have been helpful thus far. -appreciated 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Brilliant, you've got this far and you're going to be a great role model! You could work with/ for the mental health services and help them reach out to vulnerable students. You will go far, lots of potential.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Ally but in our country, we are very limited. However, i have this other problem. There is this guy i am seeing, i do not know if to call it dating or if i should just say we just have a benificial relationship. However, i have known him for years and we were not involved until off late. He was my first crush by the way. However, my feelings towards him has grown and i want to spend the rest of my life with him. I have hinted at him but has not spoken directly with him. I know it is a bit immature, but i am afraid that i do not get the feedback i want. I really do like him. This is depressing.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Fight the feeling! You're on the winning path, this too shall pass!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think alot of times people feel in competition with each other and build walls.   If we think of others as part of our team and a team player and try to be less defensive then we all may llearn willingly and openly from each other 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Im like  a sponge around them. I absorb. I will not agree to the competitive part because if it were so, i would be imposing my ideas and thoughts. But i do believe is a self conscience thing and self esteem to a degree. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up