I have just had a full knee replacement 12 days ago. Is this tightness normal?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Yesterday my knee tightened up so much that I am finding very difficult to do my exercises. It has stayed tight all night and into today. I keep getting out of my chair and walking around the house with the crutches but it doesn't help very much.  Should I force the knee to bend when sitting down or am I making it worse? I contacted my GP but she just said it was fluid build up and to elevate it. I don't see my consultant until end of September so am a bit worried there may be something wrong. Please help.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too was worried about popping the incision open.  I was assured it's stitched inside very well and yo not worry.

I seem to have lost the link to Pete's story.  I did read and would like to read again.  I sure hope his leg improves.

• Posted

I always rely on 20 minute ice packs and reapply after 20 min off. Changing barometer affects mine after many years

However I have had 9 surgeries plus radiation (tumor) 

This includes revision or replacement of the original TKR. This over 22 years. Don't be discouraged or frightened, it will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.