i have just upped my dosage from 20 to 30mg citalopram

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

feeling awful exhausted and fazed out only been a week wasnt so bad when i was 20 but needed to up dosage and  my anxiety was still really high x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rangers

whenever you change doses either up or down your body needs to readjust and it takes time at least weeks not days.

I know it's miserable going through this but it will pass ,the fatigue will lessen and the fuzziness will clear. I'm a year down the track now with Meds and so much better but the initial adjustment is awful.

This place is a great place to visit as we have experienced the same symptoms and survived! Keep in touch and let us know your progress

• Posted

hi felis thanks for your reply my doctor dropped me back to 20mg feeling better will try to stick to that just have to think positive thoughts not easy lol had never felt so ill thanks again xxx
    • Posted

Anytime Rangers, just post on here and express your fears and feelings don't ever feel on your own. We will always be here to offer support ,and help you through .Stay on 20mg until your body adjusts and take care of yourself.You will feel much better in time but it's a tough journey.We are a great club here so hang in there.x
    • Posted

thanks for the support felis u dont realize how many people suffer this awfuk illness x
  • Posted

Welcome to the Club!

From the very first tme you take Cita, to every increase and then if or when you reduce there may be side effects. Not everyone has the same, as many or the intensity that others do so, no one can say exactly what to expect. It is always best that (like we have all done) you come here and say what you are experiencing, then others who experienced the same will be able to reassure and advise. Those that didn't will be able to reassure those that had similar to them, its the way it goes.

Try not to be frightened and accept and expect that there may be lows as well as the highs, just try and hold on to the highs to see you through the lows, take every little bit of positivity, wherever you may find it, to help you through.

Self help is a good thing too! It keeps yer mind off the crap. Think about what brought you here, can you change that or distance yourself from it? If not keep in touch with us and we'll guide you through hopefully (pretty excellent success rate so far from all these lovely people). How is yer health and energy? Perhaps you need a lifestyle change, eat better, take more exercise (if you can manage to leave the house (due to the possibility of the odd moment or two of angst) or when you can). Smoking, drinking and eating meat does not help. I gave up two out of three (apart from the odd bottle of ale) after 40 years!

If you find that yer feeling low some time and then a song comes on the radio or you have a favourite one you want to listen to then make it so, crank up the volume singalong, shout and dance if it helps. We know we have discussed and done this - it works! May be just for a while, maybe longer, but it does work!

At the end of the day keep reading, keep posting and join in, we all need each other (and do you know what, it is nice to be in the company of angels!). I didn't really believe until I came here either!

So, no matter how insignificant you feel your question or post may be, just do it, post it, someone will answer. Keep it within the bounds of propriatey though. Wow! not sure where that word came from! Cita can even enhance yer vokablry! Maybe not yer spellin!

Best Wushes,

David

• Posted

Just to qualify what I said about me giving up certain things. I have given up drinking (to see me from one day to through the next after 40 years in total, but every day over the past 6 years (up until a year ago - almost an anniversary!). Smoking, also after 40 years and meat just over a year ago.

Apart from a few medical problems, brought on by my body taking it's turn to crash, after me mind, I feel GREAT!

Regards,

David

• Posted

thanks for replying david doctor put me back down to 20mg feeling a lot better i dont drink but do smoke going to try and stop .i do a lot of walking with my dog willstart going to the swimming pool again ,used to go every second morning . i am sleeping better again as well, will let you know how i go and as you say when i start going down again  will put on my favorite songs and thanks again xxx
  • Posted

Hi, I was considering increasing from 20mg to 30 I have been on Cit since DEC 28th, bibg ups and downs but early October I was feeling on top of the world and foolishlt thought IM CURED  however a have had the anxiety creep back for 3 days two weeks ago, which went but left the depression and last night had the mother of all anxiety panic attacks last night when I was sooo close to calling the ambulance service. SO I just needed to tell someone else as Im sure my wife is sick of all this. Also over the last 10 months I have been able to enjoy love makign, but now, no sence and no feeling so sad about that too. The job I have dosnt help as an independant financial adviser who still has targets to hit ..
    • Posted

Hey rich im in the same boat as you except I'm on 10mg been on it since june 2014 and about 3 weeks ago the anxiety is back I'm working on moving up to 20mg but I've been on 15mg the past 4 days with .25 klonopin i know the citalopram worked before so i know it will work again its just scary feeling like this all over again but I'm sure it will pass.
  • Posted

I've been on 30 mg for a week now, and it's day 10 on 30mg. I've felt chilled out and less depressed, but this Friday night I got a terrible migrane and threw up. I thought I had the flu but turns out I don't. I've been feeling a little anxious and depressed a tiny bit still but I know that I'm going to have ups and downs because I've been on this medication before. I hope you feel well!

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up