I have mentioned this before, again with the head sensations, but I want some relief please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Four months, and I want this to end. I try to be strong, but I end up crying at times. These head sensations are like a band around your temples, it feels like a mild case of pins and needles, but I wouldn't go that far to say that because it ain't on the same level, but feels very uncomfortable because I feel pressure around my scalp, like wearing a hat. These sensations eventually carry onto where my eyebrows in the evening. My scalp is very irritable in the evening too. Sometimes I get a brief prickle of pain that feels like hot wax for a second, this only occurs once or twice a day. These sensations occur everyday, and if I'm lucky, maybe I get one off day.

I have provided some links below to give you an idea.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/head-pressure-brain-fog-odd-head-sensation-feeling-detached-414182?page=6

http://strangeheadpressure.blogspot.com/2015/10/how-i-fixed-this-strange-feeling.html

The comments in the first link do provide their own solutions or theories on the cause as well as what I go through with head pressures. The second link is more about head pressure, which come from mental fatigue and how to treat it. I hope to try it too, but some people like me who suffer from the same symptoms might also be interested in it, so I decided to share it.

At the end, what I really want from this, is someone to share their experiences at least, but ideally, it would be nice if anyone had any solutions or to why this happens. I hope we all can treat the physical symptoms we get from anxiety.

Thanks for reading people.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hello. i'm also suffering from this. mine is anxiety related. i have breathing issue anxiety related(hardly get good sleep). i get this sensation when i over breath.feel pressure in head pin and needles. it's also linked with sleep, if i get really poor sleep.

• Posted

yeah. mostly in evening or night.

did you seen doctor? i think it's related to anxiety i have been dealing with this about a year. i always think that i'm the only one having this weird thing. 😦

• Posted

yeah, I seen a doctor, with all standard tests that they do usually, which all came back normal, so they said anxiety. was diagnosed with panic disorder 3 months ago. I feel ya, these head sensations are terrible.

• Posted

what does anyone do when they are scared of their physical symptoms

• Posted

when you are scared of physical symptoms but have been checked out by your doctor and all is well, then you must get busy

and active. obsessing about it makes it worse, ive been through this for a very long time,had many tests, all ok.

finally i said ENOUGH! whether i have symptoms or not, im getting o n with my life!

i could have them the rest of my life and waste it on worry. and YES ANXIETY SYMPTOMS MAY NEVER COMPLETELY GO AWAY so we either waste our one life with worry or move on, get involved in something, exercise, socialize etc

if i happen to get a symptom of anxiety now, i ignore it and it goes away.

i get my yearly checkup then i enjoy life. if i get sick along the way, i will deal with it then,

LIFE IS TOO SHORT. i also think that too much comparing symptoms on this site is actually bad and keeps people

anxious.those symptoms wont hurt you when due to anxiety. ive had hundreds inthe past

take care!❤

• Posted

This is more of an update on the situation, but at the same time a way for me to get some more feedback as I have been feeling of lately a lot of intrusive thoughts that I rather not deal with. Its been five months I think, still have the head sensations that I hate and wish for them to go away. I have been able to keep my social circle, actually pass my driver's learner's theoretical test thingy, so I am now on my way to start driving. I think that's progress anyway, and today I watched some anxiety evoking Youtube videos on health, which had things to deal with death related incidencs and here I am wanting comfort, so I'm sorry for that. Also has anyone dealt with these head sensations just as long as I have?

• Posted

sounds like it’s all due to stress and anxiety. Symptoms coming from those conditions are not the problem. The problem is unmanaged anxiety and stress which causes those symptoms. I’ve had those symptoms plus many more for a long time but finally did not allow them to control me. Because I know they are from anxiety, I basically ignore them and they diminish or go away. However, learning anxiety management is very important. It is all a mind game. You don’t have to be a victim to the symptoms. your body just does what you tell your mind. So if you tell yourself you are anxious the body will react by sending out adrenaline from the brain along with other reactions which cause the symptoms.

finding a good counselor is extremely helpful in learning all of this. Somebody who specializes in anxiety and stress. Otherwise it’s a vicious circle of fear, negative thinking, symptoms .there is a great book called mindfulness that teaches you a new way of thinking to get a grip on the anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.