I have missed a period but pregnancy test was negative.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking the contraceptive pill for about 2/3 years now but for the past few months I’ve not been taking it due to needing a new prescription. Whilst being on the pill my periods have always started when they’re meant to and if I’m ever late it’s only been by a few days.

I was meant to start my period 3 weeks ago and I’m concerned as to why. I have done a pregnancy test which came back negative as I was worried that might be the reason but after the result I’m confused as to why this is happening. 

If anyone could please help that would be great, thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Your body could be still getting use to the hormonal changes in your body from stopping the pill. When I stopped taking the pill, it took almost a year it felt like for my body to go back to normal and regulate itself back out. If you think there’s a possibility you could be pregnant, you can always wait and take another test if you still haven’t started. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.