I have not been sleeping for two weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am 27 and i can't sleep what ever I do I just can't sleep I am so tired and I just lay there all night wishing I could sleep come 4 am I foll asleep but got to be back up at 6 am for my kids and I am a single mum to two girls one with a special needs child

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Have u been under a lot of stress lately or is there anything on your mind??? Have u tried going on YouTube and listening to meditation?? Reading a book in bed?? Hot milk or ovaltine?? Maybe go to the herbal shop like holland and Barrett and see if there is anything herbal u could try to relax u in the eve so u get a good nights sleep. Also r u on any medication?? X
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi vikki2303 and yes I am very stressed but my oldest girl all the meetings I am going to to get her help wen she goes to big school she gets all the help now but wen she goes up she want get it with out a statement but there hard to get plus we in in a middle of mediation with the kids dad and there fighting not to see him so it feels like I losing a battle with everything trying to do my best and it feels like I watching my life throw a glass window and no I am not on tabs think I am stressed x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh bless u, sounds like your having a right ol time of it, maybe get yourself to the docs Hun as to much stress is very bad for health and with not sleeping and u being a single mum u need as much rest as possible. I hope u have luck with your eldest girl with all the meetings etc, maybe pop to the chemist and try something like kalms or St. John's wort to ease the stress u r under. I wish u well and if u ever need a chat then just message me and remember things can only get better and always think positive Hun x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am a very happy and allwise smiling and never show that I am stressed or worryed wen in side I am sh*tting my self lol I am allwise on the go never really stop till the kids are in bed and I think wen I sit down that's wen all the panic sets in and everything hits me x so I do think ur right I need to go to the doctors tomorrow x so thank u for righting back to me and its nice I can talk to someone x xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Amy, You do seem like you have a lot going on in your life and this can affect your sleep. Have you tried Nytol or something similar from chemists or Holland and Barrett. You could speak to the pharmacist who could give you advice. I would stay clear of sleeping pills as they can be addictive and are only prescribed short term. 

Best wishes.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up