i have painkiller addiction and want to tell my doctor

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have painkiller addiction and want to tell my doctor  iv been takeing them for years i keep saying i have a bad back and they keep giveing me them even says on the medical records that im addicted to them . i want to tell them that iv been lieing about my back problem what will happen if i tell them the truth ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

They should help you beat your addiction
  • Posted

.Hi, please talk to your doctor, I am sure that they will want to help you.. it is nothing to be ashamed of they will not be angry they will just be pleased that you are asking for help... what medication is it? Try not to worry, it will be fine xx warmest wishes to you ,Deirdre x
    • Posted

thanks its co codamol 30/500 they just keep handing them to me i know i should tell them asap al let you klnow how i get on
  • Posted

I agree with the others, tell your doctor and you will find that s/he will be very sympathetic and help you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

thanks gonna phone the doctors tomorrow and see if i can see him al let you know how it goes 
    • Posted

Codeine is addictive and that is what is in the co-codamol plus paracetamol
  • Posted

Hello Bason,

There is obviously a reason why you felt you needed the drug in the first place.

You need professional help.

I have no experience in this area, however may be a different doctor could help if you feel embarrassed to speak with original doctor.

You need to be weened off drug in a professional way and helped with why you wanted it in the first place.

You may need some form of emotional help and NHS funding may or may not be able to assist depending on your doctors funding.

dont give up, be strong get sorted.

Sandra

• Posted

Dear basin, you are very unlucky.. I have been on co-codamol twice for very long periods, I am at the moment, I have also been on TRAMADOL for about ten years and I can stop both dead with no problem whatsoever..... my particular life changing ( almost killing me ) addiction was alcohol, I had a very, very ,very hard time with that...

You do need to cut back slowly over a very long period of time, please ask for some help... I truly wish you well, take care, Deirdre xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.