I have physical anxiety symptoms 24/7

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi For the last 3 months i have been suffering with physical anxiety syptoms every day which seems to last all day. From the moment i get up i am short of breath and a tight chest. Its really affecting my life i cant do or enjoy the things i used to. Doctor recommend me for cbt therapy but i dont no how they will help. There isnt anything particularly worrying in my life which would make me feel like this constantly. I feel like im having a heart attack but have been A&E twice and they have told me im fine. Ive tried exercising and dieting but nothing is working.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That sounds really tough. Do you have any idea what brought those symptoms on?
    • Posted

Ive had quite a tough year. I think its manly do with the first time i had a full blown panic attach i got rushed to hospital when i thougt i was having a heart attack, my heart rate was racing, i couldnt breathe and had pins and needles. I think im scared of that happeing again.
    • Posted

That's how mine was to, got dizzy, heart racing, my face and left arm went numb, and the chest pressure. Its happened to me 3 times. I am terrified of having another. First one happend at night when I was trying to sleep, now every night I fear it will happen again so of course I almost never sleep.....

• Posted

do you ever wake up in middle night with your heart racing. I even have dreams that im having a heart attack and then i wake up
    • Posted

Yeah that happened to me last night. That's why I went to the ER.... My heart doesn't race as much as my chest feels tight or has pressure. Aggravating as all get out....
  • Posted

I am the same way. I just got back from the ER for chest pains and such ..... They did a few tests and found nothing. They want me on more/different medication. sad its very hard BC I know that I'm just experiencing symptoms of anxiety but they feel so "real" I guess that I can't get passed it and calm down. Worst part is they happen when I think I'm fine ( not upset or anxious) so I think there is some kind of physical problem. I have a very hard time getting ahold of myself and getting past the physical symptoms. My husband gets a little upset w me. I know he doesn't understand, and he dose his best to help. I'm glad he's here to try and help but I just want this to stop!
    • Posted

Try doing diaphragmatic breathing. This brings a greater amount of oxygen into your lungs which will help to calm you down. Read about diagphragmatic breathing or go to a Yoga class or meditation where they focus on the breath. Learning to focus on your breathing will help you feel calmer and help all the physical symptoms go away.

I have been through what you are going through and I understand your fears, but listen to relaxing music and focus on your breathe will make life a little easier.

• Posted

Hi Michelle im the same i no its anxiety but i convince myself there must be something wrong as the symptoms are very worrying. i try to tell myself its just anxiety but i cant snap out of it and the symptoms dont go. My girlfriend  gets the hump a bit if were out and i start to feel really bad. Everyone just tells me im fine and doesent really understand but i really dont feel fine. Hope it stops soon for both f us
  • Posted

I never got the racing heart or chest pain,but I got every other symptom under the sun. Does a family member or friend have a iffy ticker? If I ever heard of someone getting ill I would develop similar symptoms to them,then I'd convince myself I had the same illness. 
    • Posted

i have constantly stuffy/blocked nose makes me feel like i cant take a deep breathe and then get  tight chest. Im convinced theres something wrong but the hospital and doctor say im fine.
  • Posted

MS and Parkinsons were my biggest fears,and you can guarantee that when I was having a good day a movie starring Michael J Fox or Richard Pryor would be on the TV,which would put me on a downer. 

Was I just unlucky,or does this happen to any of you?

(sorry for straying from the subject Tom)

• Posted

No this does happen to me every time i watch tv there seems to be someone haveing a heart attack. I was watching tv this morning and someone said calm down you will give yourself a heart attack. 

Then i start to panic myself

• Posted

Yes! Used to happen all the time! I used to love the show House, but I would find myself on webmd for days afterwards lol. I stopped watching anything that makes me nervous like crime shows or medical dramas...... Odd though I don't know anyone w heart problems, no one in my family has ever had heart issues do idk where this crazy thought is coming from.
  • Posted

You may be lactose intolerant Tom. Remove animal milk from your diet and see how you feel. Once I removed animal milk from my diet, I stopped getting a blocked nose, poor breathing and just suffering like I had one endless cold.

Start using soya or almond milk and I think things will become easier.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.