I have random rashes, headaches, and body aches. Doctors don’t know what it is. Help?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I went from perfectly healthy and active my whole life to feeling too sick to even get out of bed. One day in Novemeber of 2017 I was perfectly fine. I was going on with daily life. Nothing was unusual. Then I woke up in the worst pain of my life. It started as a severe headache. I went to the ER and they ran some tests and didn’t know what was causing it. The same night they found that I had RSV. Which was weird because I didn’t feel anything wrong with my breathing. The pain continued to get worse and progressed to body aches and rashes. I had several ER visits..again they couldn’t do anything. I followed up with my doctor and I tested positive for active mono. It’s been over four months now. The pain kept getting worse. Eventually I got admitted to the hospital in February of 2018 for about a week. They did several tests because I’ve lost over 20 pounds in the past year and I’m dangerously skinny. I’m assuming it’s because I’ve just felt so sick. I also had heart palpitations. They released me and I started feeling a little better. The rashes haven’t gone away at all. They come and go. I’ve been eating healthy and keeping up on fluids. I was able to attempt excersing. Now for about a week and a half I’m having the same symptoms come back. My body aches and so does my brain. It’s the weirdest  and miserable pain. I feel out of it. I’m beginning to have anxiety. I can’t go anywhere without feeling horrible. I just want my normal life back. I’ve tried everything. I notice the rashes really show up when in water. I take warm showers/baths...mainly cold than hot. The rash shows up on my thighs all the way down to the top of my toes. My legs get purple patches in the water sometimes. My body pain seems worse at night. I’ve considered about everything that could be wrong. I’ve even thought about black mold poisoning because there’s a lot in my house but the doctor said I can’t get that unless I digest it. If anyone has any idea what this is...please help. I want to be healthy again. I’ve waited this out and it’s still here. My emotions are starting to change. I’m constantly frustrated because nothing is helping me feel better. My doctor at this point is guessing and putting me on random medicines. Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.