I have really bad anxiety about my throat.. does this happen to anyone else? please help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

i'm only a 17 year old girl and I've had a camera down my throat and had my doctor look at it and all is clear they diagnosed me with anxiety and i'm starting my medicine soon. my symptoms are I feel like I can't breath when I breath in threw my nose or it feels like I have too much cold air in there, I get really creepy cold sensations in my throat and sometimes it burns or sometimes I feel like i'm choking and it makes me want to gag and sends me into a full blown panic attack. does anyone else have these symptoms?? I feel so alone in this.. my doctor says I have globus sensation but I don't feel a lump.. do you think it's still globus sensation? all these feelings in my throat bother me soooo much and i'm so hypersensitive about it ugh sad just need some advice or people to relate with me. thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lily,

Yes, its a common problem with anxiety. It will pass over time.You have to start CBT, medication and see a psychologist and the biggest thing for me was accepting I had the illness, only then did it start getting better.

I keep saying to myself, this is only anxiety, the symptom will pass like all the others, it will not control me, I will control it!

Since taking medication, seeing a psychologist and changing the way I think, I have no longer have the tightness, choking feeling in the throat, not vomitting or have contant nausea and my appetite came back.

The only thing that has recently come up is tightness in the jaw today which will be because I clenching my jaw at night. I will conquer this too and just anothee symotom of anxiety.

Hang in there, it will get better. X

• Posted

hi i have almost same problems, i myself am a doctor and i finished my postgraduate studies about 5 monthsago since then i am expericing panic attacks like all of sudden shortness of breath or chocking sensation while lying down to sleep, i myself tried alot of things like pschycotherapies, yoga, mediation, medicatios but none of them work more than a day or so, so i have joined this forum to express what i feel with other peoples who are expericing same things, i think it is the good way to ventilate ourselves and discuss our problems.

• Posted

Hi lily, i am currently experiencing similar. I have tightness in my throat, feel like i cant breath properly and cough. I have just been refered to ENT but i have a feeling its anxiety as i become very anxious when i am not well.
  • Posted

You have been given the all clear accept you have anxiety

Consider therapy it teaches you how to cope with anxiety

Stay Strongcheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.