I have removed my gallbladder a month before and now i have bleeding in stool what should i do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have removed my gallbladder a month before and now i have bleeding in stool what should i do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

ring your GP and say your symptom and get an emergency appointment. My hubby had this and it was caused by constant diahreah as he has ibs . But u need to get it checked. If it's red blood u r bleeding in your rectum area (piles) or ulceration if it's like black coffee grounds it's from higher up your digestive track stomach ulcer etc ... It is probably not to do with your op but needs checking as its a symptom of bowel cancer. Although it can be lots of other easily treatable things as well . Put your mind at ease and pop to the GP or a and e . A simple examination can tell them a lot .. But don't panic ... Sally 

• Posted

Definitely contact your doctor and be honest with them.

This is not necessarily something awful but I think you need to know.

Try not to worry and let me know how you get on

Sarah

• Posted

Kevin,

agree with others contact Gp and get examined, if for nothing else, peace of mind.

• Posted

Hi kevin1133, 

the same thing happened to me, I was coming off strong meds, and flushing crappy anesthesia out of my system, so the loose stools began. I called the surgeon, and he said to go to ER ONLY if it was dark blood, black purple kind. This began exactly around the 3-4 week mark. Keep track of the color, just let your surgeon know what's going on, apparently it's normal as the loose stools beginsad keep us posted. Sending you healing wishes. Xoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.