I have severe Anxiety Coupled with IBS-M. Life is extremely stressful.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have Severe Anxiety and IBS-M, and some days its hard for me to even get out of bed. I am always nauseous, and 4 days out of the week I have migraines. I just found this site with people experiencing a lot of what I'm going through. It hard for me to reach out to people, and this is kind of my first step in that direction

My girlfriend is pregnant, and I just want to be there for her and the baby. I need advice on how to get over or curb the constant worrying I endure.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I am glad you reached out on this site. I can tell you that I’ve had anxiety my entire life and I’m way older than you, so I’ve been through it all. I have spent many years worrying about things that never actually happened. What a waste of my days! So the sooner you can get help for this, the better you will feel, and the more you can have joy in your life. don’t let it rob you of your days. I know it’s easier said than done. But there are ways to help manage it.

and that precious baby that is coming, needs his or her daddy. The day you feel that little warm bundle on your chest will be one of the best days of your life! It was mine. So you want to do your best to feel good, so you can enjoy many years with your little sweetheart.

anxiety may not go away 100% but then again it may. That’s what I had to accept. However, like I said, there are things you can do to curb it. Some of the things I did were.

1. I did get some virtual counseling and I actually still do that. It really helps to vent to somebody who can help you.
    2. Get regular exercise, even if it’s just going for a walk. Exercise activates the parasympathetic system, which is the opposite of the sympathetic system which creates anxiety. It also activates good hormones in the brain that are linked to a sense of calm.
    3. stay away from sugars, junk foods, etc. they are inflammatory in nature and can worsen anxiety. Eat healthy foods, and stay hydrated!
    4. I listen to meditations for anxiety found on YouTube. I do this a couple times a day. It helps to put things in focus. And also relax the mind.
    5. Focus on positive thinking. I think of everything you are grateful for every day.. Things like that . I can give you some good resources if you would like to private message me.
    6. Never ever give up.!! I have found that there are some good days and some not so good days, but keep pressing along and think of your little baby.

I can tell you some thing about worry. First of all like I said, I spent years wasting my life with worry! Worry does not add a single day to your life, nor does it prevent anything from happening. Worry does not make anything good happen. Worry is a useless emotion that can only hurt you. I learned that I had to let it go as soon as it entered my mind, or else what happens is that it makes a deeper groove in the brain and it’s harder to reverse. Anytime you get a scary or worried thought, calmly, acknowledge it, and then let it go and then move on quickly to do something else. Once you get in that routine , the brain will automatically get rid of the thought. Focus on what is good and beautiful. Sorry, this is so long, but I just wanted to share with you what I have learned along the way.

Stay strong! You can do it ONE day at a time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.