I have silent reflux since October what can I take apart from ppi

Posted , 6 users are following.

it is really making me so low and worried

there is no rest from it

I had an endoscopy in October all clear except for a great deal of redness in the throat area

any suggestions pleaseĀ 

thank you

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I had this too and my natural doctor had me take Zypan it's digestive enzyme. All natural and really helped me. I ate ZERO fat and took two pills with each meal and it really helped. You can get it on amazon.

Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi are you still well with zyplan?

I have had a look at it

it does contain animal bovine but I'm sure that it has been tested etc and is quite safe! 

Safer than PPI's I'm sure!

please let me know how you are getting on

this complaint feels such a lonely place

not many people have heard of it!

Everyone knows about Normal heartburn  but research on this is very scarce

i have read Dr Kouffman in  (the states) account about low acid foods etc

i do try and follow this regime

no coffee alchohol tomatoes spicy foods etc,

I do have bad days and not so bad days but generally it is quiye a miserable condition!

Thank you for your help

• Posted

I just had gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago, so things are still sorting out. I used zypan up until the day of surgery. The heat in my throat prior to then awful. Currently praying it does not return. Seems to be knocking on the door, hoping it's my paranoia.

• Posted

Oh I do hope you will get better soon

I know what that horrible throat pain is!!

Let 's hope you will be fine

Slippery elm is very good for the throat area and very gentle!

Get well soon!

• Posted

Well, if you haven't already, stop drinking coffee and soft drinks; any carbonated beverage.  No alcoholic stuff, either.  Eat dinner three hours before bed.  That's what I did, and it helped some.    

There are other products on the market that aren't ppi's.  But, for me, ppi's are the most effective.  

• Posted

Thank you for your comments

Yes I have stopped all acidic foods

Ppi's aren't giving me any relief or the Gaviscon

Thank you for answering my plea!

• Posted

Hi

My daughter had reflux really bad & none of the pills worked, so she ended up having the Linx implant which had totally stoped the reflux,

Apart from that she did the anti acid food diets porridge was good for easing it & making your bed higher at the head end so the acid can't leak up your throat at night is better for you.

There are a lot of anti acid medications might be your Dr needs to find a better one for you to help you a bit more.

Also gaviscon to line your oesophageal tract is good to try.

None will stop but might help you a bit more .

• Posted

Oh thank you for your comments!

I have looked at the lynx programme only yesterday in desperation!

I'm glad your daughter is better!

I 'm really feeling under the weather with this

No PPI gives me any solace they just make me feel unwell with a dry mouth and constipation and fatigue!

Did you have the procedure done privately?

I don't know if they do this procedure in our local Spire?

I really appreciate your help

Thank you

• Posted

Hi, 

It was private yes and I researched out of desperation for her as well.

The best surgeon we found was Dr Michael Van den Bossche he works out of the Spire Southampton on Thursdays only as he comes over from Gurnsey . I don't know where you are but they also have a surgeon who does it in London, it's now becoming more known she only had it in September but it has worked 100%.

Sadly she has had the complicated issues with the GB so that's removed and now looking like A Disfunction of the Oddi, all of which are sadly at times connected.

hopefully if you can get the reflux fixed that is it for you and you will be ok.

I can't praise the Linx enough or the surgeon he was the first person who listened to her and understood but he also suffered with acid reflux, so he really does get it.

• Posted

Thank you for your valuable information!

Well I live in Wales I don't think anyone does the procedure in this area!

I will certainly bear all this info in mind!

Thank you again

X

• Posted

Has your doctor not suggested any remedies to help you with this.

That might be the first place to start.

xx

Hope you get some respite soon

• Posted

Yes I have been on PPI's Gaviscon advance

All to no avail!

Trying the alternative root too!!

I'm a teacher so my throat is my working tool!!

I need it but with this acid in throat it makes my throat tired and sore!

I do hope I will be able to fix it onr way or thr other

Health is wealth!!

X

• Posted

all my scans came back negative; i am grateful however, no one can tell me why i still have stomach bloat and nausea? I take probiotics, digestive enzymes, B100, vitD, multivita for women, zantac.  Doc also sed I have "silent reflux". I had the GB removed a year ago and hiatal hernia. I eat small meals, often; lowfat, lots of water. i go to the doc on Wed and plan to ask about having scans again.  We'll see. Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.