i have stopped taking mirtaz but my depression came back after 3 months. should start taking again?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

i have been taking mirtaz for 8 month and it really helped me boost my moods. i then decided to stop taking mirtaz with the the doctors advice. during the first week i felt some withdrawal symptoms but i felt ok afterwards. then after three month my depression is now back. please advice me on whether to go back to mirtaz or what other alternative i can do. thank u

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I think it depends on how you really feel

If the depression is that bad and you can't handle it with therapy etc then you have to take it maybe for some time till you feel good again

• Posted

Did you titrate slowly off it.  Mirtazapine isnt easy to stop.  Some people even use syringes of 1ml doses to stop.  If you came off too quickly maybe this is the backlash and you need to discuss reinstating low dose for a bit longer

• Posted

Hi Mirt.I would say if it helped you before go back on it carefully.I have been on Mirt for 7 months starting at 15mg pm going up to 30mg (15am,15pm) for IBS/anxiety/depression.I'm on some pther drugs as well as being weand off Paxil after almost 20 years.It's been a strugglebut I trust in God that He will get me thru this part of my life that's not so good.I think it probably needs to be a combination of Mirt(or another med),good counseling and a rationship with God.Also people in your family or a friend.It requires some of all.I hope you find your balance as I do soon or in God's time.Prayers your way.Have a good day!! God Bless You,Bob

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up