I have taken my first pill today and was not expecting i...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have taken my first pill today and was not expecting it to be so strong.it felt like i had taken exstacy.i didnt really expect this as i thought that it would just calm me down and block out some thoughts.i was just wondering if anyone else has found this a shock? and if you get used to it as i was feeling quite messy:shock: thank you for reading,and keep on keeping:ok:

[i:fbd0ba16a5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fbd0ba16a5]

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You will reach a point where you will stabilize. Don't give up on this madication just yet. You have to give your body a chance to get used to it. Keep on keeping on!!!

[i:4912f9d149]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4912f9d149]

• Posted

IVE BEEN TAKING 20MG FOR 4 DAYS AND FELT TERRIBLE,DRY MOUTH,FEELING SICK,CANT SLEEP AND SEVERE PANIC ATTACKS,WHICH IS WHY IM ON THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.ALSO FEELING LIKE IM GOING TO PASS OUT.THINKING ABOUT COMING OFF THEM AS I DONT FEEL ANY BETTER AT ALL!

[i:ca7c5cd680]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ca7c5cd680]

• Posted

stick with them they did exactly the same to me for first 5 days but now feeling calm and much better, just need to let your body get used to them :roll::wink::shock:

[i:5197e66cb6]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:5197e66cb6]

• Posted

I'm taking them for the second time and am now on 30mg. I've been taking them for just over two months and the side effects do seem to dissipate after a weeks. The side effects from the first few doses can be pretty extreme. For me it was mainly nausea, constant yawning, and heavy drowsiness. I still get the yawning and the drowsiness sometimes but it seems to be getting slighter and slighter. Keep trying and things should get better. Good luck!

[i:465a2512e0]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:465a2512e0]

• Posted

My first few days on Citalopram 20mg were hell. I took my first one on a Friday morning and didnt get out of bed until 7pm on Saturday, felt sick, agitated and constantly tired. Its a shock to the body and does effect your mind for a few days and I experienced very upsetting dreams. However it does pass. Be Strong and remember you won't feel like this forever. I'm now a month into my course and although I have my quiet days where little gets me excited or talkative I think I'm climbing out of the hole I was in. As long as your partner is supportive and has some literature to help them understand what you are likely to be going through then this is a weight off of your mind. Really glad I discovered this site, it's renewed my hope that I'll have the old me back some time soon. :cheers:

[i:0578a47896]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0578a47896]

• Posted

hi

i started 10mg of Citalopram today, (i'm 17) and, so far, i've had sharp stomach pains, a headache which isn't full on if u get me? its like in the background, a sore throat, twitching of the muscles...is this actually normal?!?!

[i:83aab138dd]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:83aab138dd]

• Posted

I started 10mg of Citalopram yesterday. I took it an hour before going to bed. I figured any side effects may have lessened by morning. I had one of the most restful nights sleep in months and touch wood am feeling good today.Appreciate its probably early days and will update on any further experiences. I was prescribed the drug having been off work for 4 months with depression and anxiety/panic attacks. One thing I've forced myself to do on a daily basis, however bad i've felt, is exercise. I must have swum the equivalent of the atlantic by now but am convinced it helps to keep the adrenaline levels more controlled.Onwards and upwards ! :D

[i:40ad8fa9ab]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:40ad8fa9ab]

• Posted

I started take 20mg 3 & 1/2 months ago for depression and suicidal thoughts. The combination of meds and a good therapist have really helped me to get back on top feeling like my old self.If you cant get counselling or to see a therpist there is a world of reading material out ther whichis equally useful as the more self aware you become the more you begin to feel in control.I'd definately recommend exercise and getting outside when the day is bright and sunny even if its just a quick walk at lunch time it really lifts the seratonin levels. I did expereince similar reactions to those above in the early days but found they subsided after 2-3 weeks so keep going its worth it in the end :cheers:

[i:bb7b8087ad]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bb7b8087ad]

• Posted

I am changing from Effexor xl 150mg to Citalopram 10mg to begin with. Have to take Effexor xl 75mg in the morning and a citalopram at night. Feel really spaced out and everything appears to be in slow motion and really sharp! How long will it last? Also strange to read about weight gain as I have completely lost my appetite and on Effexor I was always hungry...:roll:

[i:442f0e79ea]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:442f0e79ea]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.