I have the classic symptoms of Hypothyroidism,but don't know what to do..

Posted , 3 users are following.

So to start out with,my grandma and aunt both were diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. And a few years ago,my grandma told me that I had alot of the same symptoms as she did when she was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. I brushed it off as,yeah I could never have an issue with my thyroid,I'm fine. Well here we are in March of 2017,and my body feels sick all the time. My blood sugar fluctuates real bad,often times it will either increase or decrease by 100 points in no time flat. Then there's the weight gain,endless appetite,constipation,irritable stomach,choking feeling over where my thyroid is whenever something triggers it to get irritated (stress,anxiety,certain foods),and not to mention the constant fatigue and all over tiredness in my body..no matter how much sleep I get per night. It's frustrating,because I accepted a 3rd shift job at a place I really want to work at..I want to get my thyroid function checked as soon as possible,before I start my new job..so if I have a thyroid issue,it'll be detected. Should I call an Endocrinologist,or could my Primary Care Doctor just order the Thyroid Function Test? I mean there is a lab at my doctor's office where they draw the blood,and it's walk in. As i said before,I just want to have my thyroid function test done as soon as possible. Because if it ends up I have a thyroid issue,I want to begin treatment before I start my new job

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hun yes have an endo test you ... im going through all that craziness at the moment just started levothyroxine will be 1 week tomorrow.. the endocrinologist are pretty fast and on it.. best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.