I have this anxiety problem since 7 years, how to get out of it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm Petarian age 30 years I have this anxiety issue since 2008 well in the beginning I never knew what it is, but slowly and gradually when I googled symptoms and few doctors told me its GAD so then realized its disorder, well it started with a panic attack back in 2008 and that panic attack was without any reason I was calm relax suddenly felt I'm fainting, then it all started anxiety become worst cause I never knew what it is and it went untreated I was always afraid about my health that may its my heart problem or I have become diabetic or kindey patient I was afraid for each n Evey organ of.my body and other fatal diseases like cancer, HIV etc so it all went for almost 5 years then I realized its psychological issues let's address it in proper psychological way so in 2015 I started SSRI with alprazolam and proparanolol for a year but it worked for while but anxiety with depression episode came back again n again so I quite medicine cold turkey without letting doc know, then it became worse and now I have again startededicine few days ago n feeling little better, I just can't get it how it happens with me I was living a joyful life no stress nothing it was my student life days, now I'm confused how to cope it do it have to live my entire life.on medication ?or what and does that 7 years of anxiety has done some damage to my brain ? Now a days I don't fear diseases or death now it's thoughts of going crazy like literally m I go on a go crazy and they will send me to asylum ??? I have little background of my.life before this anxiety I have always been a coward person, social phobia was part of my life I run away from presentations or speeches in front of people, I have fear of heights can't swim fear of drowning, can be in place where exit is difficult so may these fears lead to my panic attack or anxiety ??? Or not please guide me . thank you.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

This anxiety issue has also ruined my education, my career, my relationships and my day to day life I can't even go to places just because of fear of next panic attack another anxiety attack when ever I be in any place where I feel that I can't leave immediately I start feeling anxious like sitting on barber's seat so you can't get off until you barber is done with your hairs so it makes me anxious andany other examples are there ..... How can I live like this I need a solution here in my country psychiatrist believe in onlyedication no couaeling or behavioral therapies etc straightaway medication that's it. In 2012 people said to me get married ur problem will be solve even few doctors told me to get married so I got married n now father of three kids but problem is there withore intesity cause now I have to run a family got re s possibilities can't just take sedative and sleep all day please help me if you have any answer to my questions .
  • Posted

There is a pattern now and your brain has string connection to jumo to dear and panic. You will need to retrain your brain basically. Cognitive behavioral therapy..you can self learn from books and audiobooks. Learn meditation you can choose from the internet. Next learn mindfulness breathing..belly breathing and literally not letting not one thought in your mind for a couple of minutes. I do not know your diet but a clean diet is the best diet. No junk, no alcohol, maybe wine is ok, no smoking, nothing. Drink lots of water daily. Science doesnt really know why this happens to cure it yet, but the theories are poor belly absorption of nutrients, some epstein barr virus thing that altered how the synapses work in that part of the brain, negative thinking person, genetics. They arent sure. People with anxiety, severe anxiety live in the future, they worry and are scared of the future. You got to live in the moment somehow and let the future take care of itself. Retraining your brain is a slow and steady thing, and yes you can slide back a few times. Always believe and know a panic attack will pass, the danger is not real. Sadly the mind thinks it is and triggers fight or flight response and your body releases a ton of adrenaline causes all kinds of scary weird symptoms. 70% of the body is effected by this so it is one horrible experience. The mind thankfully is a very sttong thing and can be slowly and carefully retrained but will need you to properly breathe, understand and accept this severe anxiety reaction as a reaction to fight or flight so let it ride through, and provide the body with nutrients. Sleep is vital as the weaker you are the harder it is to rationalize out that it is severe oanic and you are not in real danger. You goal is to retrain your brain to calm down. Everyday you must meditate because it will remind you and teach you to be still and be calm. Same with mindfullness breathing. Eventually it will be easier to calm yourself manually and faster because of all the knowledge and practice. It might be a very long journey but you can do it. Medication is at times needed but wont last forever, they stoo,working or are addictive and have to up the dosage all the time. You are the answer to it, how you rhink,what you believe all ofmit comes down to you. It is an inward journey. This disorder has to be managed by you manually and consciously. Maybe one day it will be automatic, but be aware for mow and who knows how long you have to self calm yourself. Thats the best i know. We are all trying to figure this out in all parts of the world too. Some have mastered themselves and go on to live happy lives again. It os possible. The brain is very strong and new pathways can form with practice. Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you so much it means a lot to me, I was waiting desperately for any reply but only you did thanks, I will start working on my diet, meditation, the way I think and to stay calm, I have to accept this now that this is a mental illness regardless of its causes and cure is in my hand, anxiety is not weakness. Although anxiety has ruined my career and my day to day life but what has been done is past now I have to work on present. Right now I'm on SNRI with combination of Alprazolam ... But I will try to get rid of medication and switch to meditation, yoga, clean diet, excessive water intake, and positive thinking. .... But one more question as you said our brain is strong does that mean in all those years I had anxiety my brain was not damaged or altered?
    • Posted

Anxiety wouldn't have damaged or altered your brain at all.. it's a resilient thing.. smile
    • Posted

You, your synapses have form a pathway between anxiety to fear pattern of behavior. That is the pathway you need to weaken by retraining your brain, your brain itself is fine. 
    • Posted

Thanks, that means I have to just train myself to fight this anxiety? But I have tried a lot even medication SSRI, alprazolam but didn't manage to get out of it. There are certain timings when I feel very anxious without any triggering force, may be it's because I'm married and unemployed can't face hurdles in life and short tempted but when all this was started I was student n single enjoying my life I got sufficient finance at that time, I just married because people told me marriage will solve ur anxiety problem so I did and now father of three cute kids but now its difficult to handle financial matters and can't do job because of this anxiety and panic attacks even being skilled and talented what to do?
    • Posted

Thanks, that gives sigh of relief that question had diaturbed me for many years .
    • Posted

Learn to accept life as it is and not how you think it should be, Acceptance will relieve "what if" thinking. Acceptance will calm down the fears of tommorrow. Not as hard as one thinks to do. The trick is to live in the moment. Do what is needed to be done in the present moment and it will take care of the future. No matter how many pills you consume if your thinking is of despair and negative thought you wont achieve the peace you are hoping for...acceptance does not mean you like the situation. Or a person, or a trauma that has occured. It means you accept what is. Mindfullness techniques and cbt  are very useful on slowly learning to live in the moment. Many people feel life is suppose to be filled with joy and happiness all the time, it isnt. It is a learning experience. It is up to you to find gratitude in your world, even the smallest thing. The body can not feel  two strong emotions at the same time. Maybe one day science will find out the core of this issue and help the 18% of the population who endure anxiety and panic attacks. Until then you must teach yourself how to manually calm your mind down. Acceptance is a key to this. The mind is very strong and fear is a potent bully. Pills would be short term. The body adjusts to them over time and they stop working which is why some take high doses or many at a time. Science has not found a universal cause or cure to aid the mind to easily retrain or rewire it self. I wonder myself if its a parasite or a virus that altered how the minds rationale functions, and if it is some day they will figure it out as they did with syphillis a long  time ago and as they did with ulcers..both were initally blamed on stress or mental illness and now both are curable and noted to be a bacteria caused ailment.. Just an example of science. Panic attacks and anxiety are emotionally based dysfunctions. Your body has made the fear connections and the patterns are well formed. Fear is an extremly potent emotion as it plays into ones survival and instincts so once that connection is formed it is very strong. on another note you noted you married as you were told this is the answer. Apparently you had issues before you married so feeling that was the cause is incorrect according to the story you wrote above. Maybe they felt it would bring you happiness and security of love would lower your anxiety. That makes sense.unfortunately it didnt work and now you have the worries of caring for them now. Understood how you feel.  So now start over in your mind. Learn acceptance, love yourself as is, forgive yourself of any errors or mis guidance.learn mindfullness techniques and cbt and proper care of your body. Eat foods with nutrition and that are wholesome and drink lots of fresh water and exercise. Meditate. Many guided mediations are on the net. Only live in the moment and this should slowly retrain your mind and behaviors. Be patient. Remember unless science comes up with a scientific based explanation and cure, and they havent yet there is no actual happy pill or instant gratification cure. Good luck and may you find peace and security within yourself.
    • Posted

Thanks a lot Lisa, I got your point, that I should accept that what ever has happened with me is not abnormal or uncoomon (rare), it is a just like another disease which is still not fully understood, researched or found its cure, I have to accept and live with this anxiety and if I wanna calm down myself or the wanna live my life without letting this anxiety disturbing my day to day life is mindfulness techniques, CBT, diet, meditation, yoga and lot other ways like living in the moment not worrying about the future being positive. But at still I can't find answer to my questions that what happend at that particular night When all this started what was the triggering point and what factors lead this anxiety towards me, and why can't I find peace even after understanding and accepting all that you said when ever I feel good and better I know this is temporary and after some time at random time, random place with random people I become anxious and feel physicaly uncomfortable, so I become curious what is this what should I do and I have lot of responsibilities to take care my mother, sisiters, wife, kids and my career can't see progress in that all that combinely makes me stressful well after all that I'm very optimistic when I feel out of anxiety and I feel good when I come to know that long term anxiety doesn't damage or alter the brain and you can still live healthy and good life.

My childhood has been good but full of fears like I fear ghosts, clouds, thunder sound, height, swimming, fighting, my fathers shouting and death but mynchildhood went good after all that fears and I have this anxiety innnheritance like my mother has anxiety problem but my father doesn't , my paternal and maternal grandfather and grandmother were not so much in anxiety orndepressed as I have heard about them so I can't find the reason for for this disease. I have visited lot of physicians and psychiatrists in town but no one diagnosed my problem in even gone deep in paranormal activities side but found nothing then n the end I surrendered myself in front of science.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.