I haven't been feeling like myself lately

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 17 years old I haven't been feeling like myself lately. My mind keeps racing I have been having thoughts that lead me to having panic/anxiety attacks. I don't know what to do I want to get help and overcome this. I need help but I don't want to go to a psychiatrist and they think that I'm physco or something.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

.....That's literally what they're there for, to help people with anxiety and depression and other issues. First off you have to get out of that mindset, the sooner you ask for help, sooner you will get past this. You might not even need a psychiatrist, just a counselor. What are panic attacks about? School, homelife, or just in general stuff?

• Posted

Counselors deal with your exact issue every single day! That's exactly what their job is, to give you the tools needed to help overcome anxiety and panic attacks. They have been like a lifeline for me. It always helps to vent to someone else  Who is trained in how to help people. I go even when I start to feel better. Battling anxiety and panic attacks is very difficult  to overcome on your own.  I see a counselor, not a psychiatrist.  Panic and anxiety attacks are the number one reason people see counselors so believe me, they are very very used to seeing this. You don't need to suffer with this there is help out there!

• Posted

Thank you for sharing! I have told my mom and I'm going to the doctor on Monday!

• Posted

i am in the same boat, what type of  thoughts are you having?
  • Posted

Great!!!    I'm so happy you are going to talk to someone! They are very understanding. Don't hold back telling them anything, believe me they have heard everything! Let me know how it goes!   😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.