I honestly don't even know anymore.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've been deal with what's supposedly Labyrinthitis since around Valentines Day, I wasn't diagnosed with it until the 19th of this month. I'm also dealing with anxiety and what seems to be depression in some cases. I traveled to Michigan and back and the entire time I felt dizzy and anxious, I went to 2 emergency rooms out there and they told me it was nothing but anxiety and vertigo. They also told me I was dehydrated, and pumped me full of 2 bags of fluids. I got back here to Arizona and couldn't handle it, I went to yet another emergency room they did a cat scan, urine, and blood samples, and they told me yet again just anxiety. So a little later I went to an urgent care office, he did all the testings that the ER did, except of course the cat scan. The urgernt care doctor instantly diagnosed me with Lab, gave me z pak, presidone, and ativan. I took all of the z pak which made me feel horrible (unless it was just my anxiety acting up) I did not take any of the steroid presidone. I was really nervous to do so. Well, so far I've had good days and bad days after I finished the antibiotics. Some days I felt very less dizzy than I have been and others like last night I freaked out and my vision was blurry with a fuzzy and dizzy head, everything seemed fuzzy but my brain felt like it was moving uncontrollably. I didn't take the ativan mostly because I don't like taking pills and it was already late and I had to be up early. So I decided to go to the urgent care doctor again, I've felt pretty dizzy all day. I wasn't able to eat this morninng because I rushed out the door. (When I got back I ate and felt less dizzy than I did) so the doctor did the same tests, said it looked as if I was a little better, although I really don't feel better. I told him everything and told me to take the steroids, and gave me another script of z pak. On top of all that, he is telling me that he's going to send me to a neurologist and they will order me an MRI, just to make sure that everything is okay which had got me even more nervous than I was. I am now at home, nervous to take any of my medications, and still a bit dizzy. I am debating on just taking an ativan and trying to sleep. I'm nervous that I am going to have another bad vertigo/anxiety attack like I did last night. I know my anxiety is taking a big part of all this. I wish I wasn't so terrified to take medications. Just talking about this right now has my feet sweating badly. I really don't know what to do or think at this point.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I have Labrynthitis. and the problem is solved almost instantaneously by

Prochlorperazine.5mg Removes the dizzies,and the urge to be sick. after 3 or 4

tabs , Itoo avoid prescription drugs ,primarily because of the unbelievable side

effects, and lean towards herbal remedies .However . the Prchl----------is an exeption. You can but ask your G.P,   Don't worry, It's not terminal,

• Posted

I'm just sick of being dizzy, it makes my anxiety insane. My head feels numb and tingly. I have an MRI coming up soon. I am freaking out that it's a brain tumor, meningitis, acoustic nuroma or something else horrible. I'm terrified.
    • Posted

CALM DOWN ,stop thinking the worst scenario, you are in a catch 22

cycle .dizzy makes more dizzy, makes more dizzy .Go and walk through some woods, breath and smile at every one you pass if there is anybody, if not ,smile at the squirrels

• Posted

I have this burning/tingling sensation on the left side of my face. My nose and forehead, it's weird.
    • Posted

Sounds like sunburn, if you live in the desert .Keep rolling over  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Posted

It's good stuff, and works fast .I usually take one straight away if I feel it coming on, which stops it in it;s tracks 
    • Posted

I have just typed a really long reply and it vanished!!! The medication is the one mentioned above that starts with p
    • Posted

Oh no, I hate when that happens! I have never heard of that medication.
    • Posted

I had never heard of it either and resisted taking it for ages because of my fear of new medications and their side effects but i asked my mum to sit with me while i took one in case i had a panic attack and it was fine. I sometimes dont need them for weeks and then get the dizziness really bad for a few days and use them to help
    • Posted

How old are you? I have been prescribed prednisone for the anti inflammation and more z pak to fight the infection. I'm not so sure about the steroid prednisone though.. it makea me kind of nervous. I have taken ayivan for a while and I'm still eh about taking those.
    • Posted

I am 46 and have had anxiety and depression on and off since i was 19.... And only just had a diagnosis and seen a therapist for CBT and finally understanding how my mind affects my body...the dizziness is a result of not breathing properly and there is alot you can do to help. For me the dizziness is themost troublesome symptom and stops me doing things so the medication is very helpful
    • Posted

I've been trying to sleep for the past couple of hours and have been woken up by panic. if really sucks, I just woke up and I felt like I couldn't mo've or speak for a couple seconds. it's was terrifying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.