I hope someone can give me advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

I’ve been struggling the last week with my depression and I feel like I’m driving all my loved ones around the bend talking about how I’m feeling. When I don’t talk I feel my anxiety levels rising and I begin to panic so badly about the future and I feel like such a worthless person and just a waste of energy and time. Can anyone help me please to try and calm my mind a little bit please. I just want this phase to be over and for me to try and be human again. I don’t feel like the anti depressants are working and I’m just so emotionally drained all the time. I have other discussions up if anyone wants to read them to get an insite to what’s been going on. I appreciate your time 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello Tara

I will look at your Scripts

Do you still use your Relaxation Technique, Mindfulness that may help ?

BOB

• Posted

I’ve tried a few but I feel they just don’t work for me. Idk just lately I’m struggling to make it day to day it hurts so much the amount of pain I’m in is unreal 
  • Posted

You are always welcome to come here and talk about anything that you need to or to vent.

Medications take a while to work, so please don’t give up on them yet. If much time passes and you still are feeling bad contact your dr and tell them. They may adjust or change them.

If talking really helps you come back here plus you may want to seek therapy. Or even a group therapy.’you’d be surprised at how many other people are in the same boat.

You may want to talk to your dr about the anxiety and panic attacks. If you could do that ASAP they will

Be able to help you

• Posted

I hope they do begin to work soon, I’ve been on them 6 weeks and I feel no real difference. I am organising counselling just the waiting list is so long, I just feel so awful every day that passes I just don’t know what to do anymore 
    • Posted

My own recent experience after starting cit, was depression and mood swings stopped at 4 weeks, had a horrible 2 weeks of feeling very flat and numb, in retrospect, these were improvements showing my meds were working. then for last 6 weeks unimaginable anxiety, that was relentless. Anxious 6 weeks actually felt worse, and started getting depressed again. I didnt believe cit was working for me, neither did a doctor. Eventually realised dose was too high, with help of a pysc, hence prolonged anxiety. Lower dose seems to be working. Do you think you are depressed or anxious? Have your mood swings stopped?
  • Posted

Have felt quite similar over last few months. Started to feel small Improvements, then had unbelievable anxiety for 6 weeks. Talked to my family a lot about how I felt, which did help at time, but didn't improve my condition. Was so anxious dropped my dose 5 days ago, and anxiety has dropped, a little each day. Today I had some glimpses of being okay. Until today, felt completely worthless, and had no hope of getti g better over last 6 weeks. Try to ensure you describe your state accurately to your doctor, a pysc would be better. Have found they can miss a lot of things regarding what state you are in, if the way you describe your condition is to vague or not specific enough. E.g. told one doctor I was extremely anxious last week. She thought my medication wasn't working. Referred me to a pysc, who I saw this week, and explained I was pacing while vaping. That told him my dose was too high, not that they were not working. I had dropped my dose of my own accord, before getting pysc confirmation. It was the word passing, that enabled me and my pysc to decide to drop dose. Getting meds and dose right, is a must to get correct first of all. Lois on this forum has given great advice, that's turned out to be correct, even though I disagreed with her at times. Try to see if you are currently depressed or anxious. It's hard, but it's important to decide which, as will give you clues whether your medication is correct. Also give it time, it takes a long time for meds to work. If you are feeling depressed, maybe your meds need to be reviewed if you have been on them a long time. If it's intense Anxiety, then a gradually recovery may not be far off. Helps if you state how long you've been on meds, what type and dose, to see where you are on a timeline. Lois knows her onions as I've said to her before. Great for info. Hope this might help.

• Posted

6 weeks is still too early. Are you experiencing depression or intense Anxiety? Can feel similar.
    • Posted

I’m feeling both pretty strongly. Like a heavy feeling all the time and I just feel so ill and sick and I’m just so over feeling like I just want to die all the time. I have an appointment on Monday at the docs to organise the dosage again but it’s just facing this weekend feeling so helpless and disgusting I can’t deal with it 
    • Posted

In my first 4 weeks, I would be really down for 4 or 5 days, then a sort of okay for a couple (although okay, felt it was a false okay). I could feel it when I switch from one to another, for no apparent reason, e.g. working at desk, being okay, then slowly going into a down mood for a while. After 4 weeks these mood changes for no appatent reason stopped. During these 4 weeks, although worried and being down. I didn't feel anxious. Then numb for 2 weeks, then anxiety took off. I think when anxiety starts, it's a sign meds are starting to work. Are you restless, have difficulty in concentrating, and do you pace around at all? I think most people have to go through Anxiety stage when coming out of depression. It's how long that anxiety lasts for, as to whether you have the right meds and dose. Calmly explain to your doctor how you felt through the stages of the 6 weeks, try to think of any changes in how you felt. This will give doctor an idea of whether you are progressing or not. For me, the anxiety stage lasted far too long, which suggested dose was too high. I can only see this now, before I dropped, I was convinced my meds were not working during the anxious 6 weeks, which was incorrect. Feeling like wanting to die isn't right. Ensure you are calm when you speak to your doctor, tell them everything, and try to explain any changes in how you felt during your first 6 weeks. For me, my anxious 6 weeks were the worst, since starting, as there was not let up. I am sure that if you calmly explain to your doctor how you Feel, they should be able to evaluate your meds, and make any changes.

• Posted

Just remember, after Monday, you should be a step closer to recovery, after seeing your doctor. It's not uncommon to take 10 to 12 weeks, to be able to see noticeable signs of improvements. Commit yourself to giving it 12 weeks to work in your mind, and accept it regardless, before giving up, unless your doctor advises you otherwise. Hope this might help.

• Posted

Literally, 5 days ago, thought I would have to be admitted, things were so bad. Had no hope of ever getting better, couldn't even hold a conversation with my parents. After adjusting dose, I was relatively calm today, and I started to get things into perspective, and have a little hope. You will experience the same, once your meds are working correctly, trust me. It may take a few more weeks and your meds may need to be adjusted. All the best.

• Posted

Why disgusting? I get the pain.... So sorry you're feeling like this xx

• Posted

Tara

If you are having problems with your medications and you are feeling not good make an appointment with your GP and explain. It is important you feel calm

BOB

• Posted

I am like u...I worry about the future all time..i keep worrying but than i stop..because i realised no matter how u worry about it so much it’s doesn help..before future THERES ME. So i start focusing myself first..i start love myself...I go gym workout and keep telling myself im important to me not to anybody..because no matter how hard u impressed everyone is wasn’t enough so i appreciate myself and love myself more..everyone around me can see that..they proud of me 😊..

• Posted

Try a free meditation app on your phone I use inside timer 

Paint your toe nails remove re paint 

Bake a cake or bread 

You will get there 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.