I hope this goes away

Posted , 3 users are following.

So last night I messaged my work and told them about how I had been feeling the past few days, I said to them that I wouldn't be in today due to my side effects.

I feel guilty for calling in sick, it's the second time I've done it. But my managers have been understanding about it, one in particular who has had a lot of experience with Fluoxetine.

I just want to feel better, the side effects keep fluctuating: up and down, up and down. I keep telling myself it is temporary, but part of me keeps wondering how much more I can take.

This morning I woke up feeling alright, some small racing thoughts of anxiety, the nausea felt reduced this morning too. I still think quite a bit about my side effects.

A lot of people have told me that I should be nearing the end of the adjustment period. My manager said that if I had been feeling incredibly rough for the past few days then is should start working soon. And my GP told me that the effects should be wearing off too.

I get small blips of positive mood, along with tiny thoughts of enthusiasm. I'm still eating, it can be a slight struggle sometimes but I can finish meals. I still have shaky moments from time to time. 

I'm trying to brave through it, a lot of the time I just distract myself with videogames, youtube videos and television, it helps. I just hope that I will come out of my shell soon and be back to being more sociable and bubbly. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Robert!! Stick with it hun , those sunshine moments are the start of you feeling better,!! Hold on to them in your thoughts whilst your still recovering ! On this forum we lovely people all have the same or similar side effects with this med , but trust me , you will get over this and the good days will be more and more !! Hugs xxxx
    • Posted

I really hope I do, I woke up this morning feeling like I was dying. I had to call in sick again, this medication is driving me insane. I keep getting scared that it won't work. But it worked so well for me years ago, so it must work again surely xx

• Posted

Yes it will work and its annoying how we can be on them before with few side effects only to return to them , or in my case have dose increase and suffer horrendous ones ! But were not alone , I'm now feeling well now thank God after being on increase 12 weeks, I started to feel better about week 5. Keep going hun , its seems like forever , but you'll get there xxx

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words. I keep telling myself I have to push on, feels like it will never end. But part of me keeps saying it will get better xx
    • Posted

Hi Robert, keep believing !! Take each day as it comes, you will ride the storm , each day there will be improvement, however small , these meds are slow working sadly, but once you are well again, all this is worth it!! This forum is amazing for support , and I've been through it all and come out the other side!!! Hugs xxxx

• Posted

Hi Pam,

I keep trying to be strong, but I keep wondering how much more of this I can take. It feels like i'm slipping up and falling back with Fluoxetine. I keep thinking i'm improving and then suddenly I feel worse. I feel like i'm wasting away and falling apart and I can't find a way out. There is so much overthinking and nausea and I keep telling myself it's just the meds, but I feel like i'm going insane.

I keep telling myself I will get better. But it's just so hard xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.