I just can't seem to sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

My anxiety for the past few  weeks is keeping me from sleeping for days am going on day 6 now without sleep, my tongue, arms and otehr body feel very week, the Doctor gave me phenergan 25mg and it does not help me get to sleep, my mind is sitting there at night contantly being active non stop just don't know what to do am worried that I will get worse am worried that i  may end up dying with exhaustion am worried that I won't ever get to sleep again I don't kbnow what to do it's scary as hell and hoping it wil eventuall pass and I get back to sleep again but am stuck ina vicious cycle that I can't get out I have fluoxetine here doctor said take that but am scared to take the fluoxetine due tot eh hoirrible sideeffects especailly int eh condition am in now it may get worse and it shows that people get insomnia taking fluoxetine so how is this pill going to help me get my sleep back on track bloody nightmare am stuck in, I just want out of it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also having weird dizzy spaced out moments that are scaring the hell out of me
  • Posted

Sleep deprivation will make you dizzy and feeling horrible. Naps are good too. Its the rem sleep so if you took a nap or two its better then nothing. To get back on track, if possible spend a lot of daytime in well lite room or outside, at bedtime darken your room. Make sure your bedroom is tidy and clutter free. You can play sleep hypnosis or sleep music stuff to help rest. If you werent light headed i would have said an intense workout but once a few days pass you are probably exhausted and feeling very strange and dizzy. Make sure meds that you are on arent the cause. Maybe you meed to take meds at a different time if they are the cause.And for dinner have a healthy turkey dinner the turkey has tryptophan in it.if you are too tired to cook it find a reaturant and order it.   Your body will eventually fall asleep, it has too.
    • Posted

Am taking some alergy pill which is suposed to make me drowsy and make me calm but it doesn't work also he said long as I am lying resting in my bed am getting sleep even when I don't think I am which is lies if a was gettign sleep why do i feel so weak really weak such a nightmare just one day of sleep would do even if it wasa  damn couple of hours i would be happy
    • Posted

Hi Rossg

​Lisa is giving some good advice there. The drug your taking, is it Diphenhydramine​ by any chance? If so it's just an anti histimine better known as Benadryl. I would try all the things that Lisa suggested. Those weird dizzy spells (not quite right feeling) is due to the fluoxetine​ (Prozac) which is in the SSRI class of anti depressants, and is perfectly normal. Whilst it is uncomfortable they are completely harmless and proves that you have a theraputic dose in your system. There are plenty of anti d's available they are not a "one size fits all kinda thing" Ask your Dr about Amyitriptline a differnt anti d with sedating properties. If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch on here or in a pm if you'd prefer. Hope that helps a little.

• Posted

Hi Ross

I totally agree listen to Lisa 

Sleep deprivation is the worst

Stay Strongconfused

• Posted

Alprazolam like Xanax help me to sleep best,even better than sleeping pills.Maybe try that.Just dont stress about that you not going to sleep "again".Just think like ok ,so I will be not sleep and what.Sometimes stress from worrying you cant get sleep make you not sleep. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.