I just diagnosed last week

Posted , 6 users are following.

after three yearsb of trucking here in US, with sometime too much driving at night, and drinking some energy drink, and some bills to worry, my body gave up and got this diagnosis... so hard, i stop my career and stay at home. I had three full blown attacks over the pas three weeks. I thought it was a heart attact, (coz same manner of symtopms) and my doctor medicate me with xanax, but i dont tend to take it everyday, just as needed. trying to meditate by myself, using guided meditation in youtube and exercise on my treadmill, but it seems the anxiety is still there... i read some articles and watch more videos about anxiety.... i just always keep in mind that it is not dangerous but it's unconfortable.... so hard for me lately

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Vicente I suffered from severe anxiety as well. I am completely healed now but it took a year or more to fully recover. It's a good idea to not get totally dependent on medication. Try deep breathing exercises and chamomile tea.This really help me cope. I truly understand what you are going through because I didn't work for several months because of anxiety. You will get better overtime. Find support from people that really love you. I hope this helps some. Be patient you will get better. ...Yes remember it's all in your mind.
  • Posted

Hi Ren,  I'm going through something similar when it comes to anxiety and panic attacks.  I was just given medication by my doctor but I'm not excited about popping pills so I'm also only taking in extreme cases.  Also, exercising and meditating, which seems to help but also doesn't take away all of the anxiety.  Mine seems to increase at night which causes my neck muscles to stiffen and makes it difficult for me to sleep.   Just wanted you to know that your not alone.
    • Posted

I feel anxious sometime when i knew that had this panic attack confirmed from my doctor. I feel like something bad could happen at any moment. Sometimes the feeling is worse than other times. I got heart palpitations, dizziness, just not being able to relax. I also feel like I can't breathe sometimes, like I can't take that deep breath you take every minute or so. Sometime my left underarm is aching, sweating in my palms and under pit, sometime my lower back, sometime muscles from elbows, and legs. Sometimes it affects also my eyesight, my eyes get easily tired. Some days are worse than others. But this is how it's been for me for as long as I can remember, this is becoming 'normal' for me. I don't know what it feels like not to worry. Im taking Xanax right now but as needed only as prescribe by the doctor. I do some meditation using some guided meditation at youtube to clear up my mind. I had one full blow attacked last year and several times these few weeks before and after consulting my doctor. Though there was no clear cause of my attacked or the panic attack in general, but I believed I acquired this disease in my trucking career for three long years, I was in an expedited run all the times, sleepless night, skipping meals, truck broke-down concerns, pressure from dispatch, driving in all weather conditions and worries of being far away from home, and of course adding to my usual worries, like daily busyness, responsibilities at home such as bills and others non sense stuff. So couple weeks ago, I decided to quit my job and just stayed at home and be with my son, but the symptoms still there for me to bare. Sometimes, I feel so helpless and hopeless, but most of the time, I bare in mind that there is God who helped me all the time. I have to bring back my old self like I was before in college, to be more reflective and full of positive energies, and best hopes in life. To be more productive and be more excited again to reach same aspirations.
  • Posted

Maybe this was a wake up call to take better care of yourself. Thats a tough job on the body! You seem to have a good starting ponit adn are on the right track. It takes time. A good healthy heart smart diet is a great idea too. That and exercise, walking is wonderful and meditations, cbt, learning mindfullness breathing is all great and very useful. Sleep is vital. Give your body time to absorb all this. There are jobs availabke that are low stress. Google low stress jobs. Low anxiety jobs. Pinterest had a lot on this and very interesting. Trucking is stressful. Very demanding on the body, but theres other jobs. When these anxiety stmptoms trigger off the smartest thing you can do for yourself is grounf you self as fast as possible. You know it will oass and you know it is an adrenaline rush from your fight or flight "switch" triggering off. It wont always be patterned with the same symotoms, and thats okay. But keep that in mind it like to bully you. If you master NOT fearing it and definetly not feeding into the fear or feelings it produces it should cycle down within ten minutes. Much easier said then done. Theres this podcast called anxiety guru, its old but its good. It helped me understand that if you believe and get it will pass it does. Summed up but the way he says it is self motivating. Keep doing what you are doing and     Dont even be upset about not trucking anymore, oddly it probably saved you in many ways cause again thats very hard on the body. There are low stress, low anxiety jobs that can still cover the bills. You just need to find one you like or even learn a different trade and take a whole new path in life. Feel better and stay focused and strong.
    • Posted

Thank you lis for your very lengthy but meaningful advice. I also drink a rooibos tea without caffeine and it helps me a lot. Cant do treadmill for now coz i had my mild attack soon after i had my exercise... So right now, only meditations and positive thinking. Thank you so much
  • Posted

Have you had blood work done, it could be something physiological?  I heard hormone imbalance, irregular thyroid can have effects on brain chemistry.  Have you considered an SSRI.  I have been on them for the last 10+ years, works for me.  Hope this helps. You could try herbal remedies,  go to your local health food store ask them what to take for stress and anxiety.  I tried kava kava, a valerian root, didn't work for me, or I was impatient.  Give it a try, nothing to lose. 
  • Posted

Exercise and self help is great for anxiety

Keep up the good work and you will get there

Anxiety sucks but we have to do what we can to help ourselves

Stay Strongcheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.